What equipment was used to capture these?

welcome! :) lovely photos!

Just as an educated guess, what equipment was used to capture these portraits(like what lens, lighting, camera, etc.)? How come mine don't look like this?!
Seattle Senior Portrait Photographer {Kaila Class of 2011} » Jessica Feely Photography
Seattle Senior Portraits, Lauren Class of 2011, Liberty High School » Jessica Feely Photography

Ummm...well, first, I am *assuming* you mean that you'd like YOUR photos to look "as good" as these. So then, I'd say there are quite likely a myriad of reasons that your photos may not look like the ones you posted. For example:

--You may not understand as well how to use the equipment you have.
--You may not have as firm a grasp on controlling lighting, DOF and other aspects of photography that are critical to taking photos to that "next level."
--You *may* have inferior equipment, though my guess is that likely has very little to do with why the quality of your photos is lacking in comparison to the ones you've posted.

Now, if you want to work on more than just hypotheticals you could post some of your OWN photos and ask how to improve them. That would likely get you much further than posting someone else's results and asking why you aren't achieving them.

How come mine don't look like this?!

You don't have a $3000 camera and $400 lens?

What DO your pictures look like?

Photographer skill and knowledge has way more to do with being able to consistently make high quality images, than the equipment they use does.

Photographer skill and knowledge has way more to do with being able to consistently make high quality images, than the equipment they use does.

agreed! I know many new photographers who own the same equipment I do and have no clue how to use it. I shoot everything in manual, use my metering, histogram, ETTR, plus use a reflector and many other things. Expensive equipment doesn't give you magical perfect images.

Correction- I actually used my old D700 on those photos a few years back, I just checked the links. Sorry for the mixup, I'm currently shooting with a D800 Nikon.

agreed! I know many new photographers who own the same equipment I do and have no clue how to use it. I shoot everything in manual, use my metering, histogram, ETTR, plus use a reflector and many other things. Expensive equipment doesn't give you magical perfect images.

There are loads on here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back