What film/process to use for polaroid 600 aesthetic?

court2407

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear APUGS,

I am posting this article as I need assistance in selecting a film/camera for a particular aesthetic. I am a third year student at a professional photographic college. I have extensively used digital slr's, 5"4 cameras, studios and have a collection of plastic cameras and old polaroid cameras.

I also have extensive experience in photoshop. The thing is, I am drawn to the raw aesthetic of film and havent had to much of an education in this realm of photography. Unfortunately, my college asserts that digital is the way of the future, therefore doesn't educate us about film. Some of my favourite photographers are Todd Hido, Stephen Shore, William Eggleston and Dash snow.

I am looking for find a film with a similar aesthetic to the colours of polaroid 600 film. I love the subdued warm colours and retro 70's vibe it has.

265994903_3f73eccb71.jpg

stephen_shore_drive-in.jpg

rmnakedhighway_30x40_600_400.jpg

Roger-Eberhard.jpg

Please refer to these images.

Can anyone please recommend a film with a similar colour pallette to these images? Are these colours in the film, or to do with the processing? So far none of my teachers have been much help.

Courtney

In my experience, I think the closest you will get with a commercially available film is EPP (Ektachrome 100), cross-processed as color negative. If you are into color casts, you can also try cross-processing tungsten-balanced slide films. You will get a blue cast.

Most reactions

Back