what form of marketing has worked best for you?

Phtoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
out of your marketing strategies, which have you found most successful?

Another vote for word of mouth. I don't do pro photography, but I have my own IT consulting business. All my clients from the last 3 years have came from a current client telling someone else about me. Or a current client telling me someone he knows needs some work done. I don't advertise or anything. I don't even have a Facebook page! That's almost unheard of isn't it??

Word of mouth!!! Networking with other businesses and organizations!!!

What type of photography are we talking about?

For my art (fine art images) etc, Galleries and then by word of mouth of course
For events - word of mouth only

I've heard that knowing what the hell you're doing and producing a quality product goes a long way. If you're good at what you do, you don't have to find work... work will find you.

Reading these posts... they are absolutely correct... I Run a division of a large company... have dealers that literally spend hundreds of thousands on all sorts of advertising. You have to do that to plant the seeds... but the growth inevitably comes from "Word of Mouth" from happy customers.

1) Word of mouth
2) Personal Networking
3) Facebook
4) Bridal Fairs

mjhoward said:
I've heard that knowing what the hell you're doing and producing a quality product goes a long way. If you're good at what you do, you don't have to find work... work will find you.

I totally agree!!

an the winner is "Word of mouth"

a card and a handshake. I need to get some cards made though. That might be the problem.

Most reactions

Back