what happen to photo of the month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers dwindled massively, part of the problem was that people had to enter your photo and who is going to enter someone else's photo into a competition?

Rules need an update and get this show back on the road

I agree with you Formatted..... Great Thinking

How 'bout instead of just having a "Photo of the Month" forum and hoping that people submit photos, someone start a thread in each forum reminding members to nominate a photo?? It could just be that the members aren't aware of the contest, or they forget.

How 'bout instead of just having a "Photo of the Month" forum and hoping that people submit photos, someone start a thread in each forum reminding members to nominate a photo?? It could just be that the members aren't aware of the contest, or they forget.

Needing to get your photo nominated by someone else is the crux of the problem. It would be hit or miss as whether or not a member ever got their photos into the contest. Either you enter your own photo or you don't. Then there are the cliques that would always have a photo in the pool. No thanks. I would be more than happy to vote for photos, but I would never nominate one. At least until one of mine got nominated.

Do away with the whole nomination thing and more people will participate.

Needing to get your photo nominated by someone else is the crux of the problem. It would be hit or miss as whether or not a member ever got their photos into the contest. Either you enter your own photo or you don't. Then there are the cliques that would always have a photo in the pool. No thanks. I would be more than happy to vote for photos, but I would never nominate one. At least until one of mine got nominated.

Do away with the whole nomination thing and more people will participate.
There would definitely be more photos to judge if people could submit their own photo, but one of the things I loved about the photo-of-the-month threads when I first joined TPF several years ago is that every single photo was incredible. If people start submitting their own photos we'll end up with a handful of great photos with a lot of average to good ones scattered throughout that we'll have to sift through.

Maybe the moderators could charge some of the more prominent and respected posters with the responsibility of populating the nomination thread.

Photo of the month - That's a good idea.. I like it. Hopefully it continues...

agreee

----------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back