what happened here?

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the red on the left, i think, is from me loading the film incorrectly and it disappears a few frames later, but i dont know what happened on the right hand side. was this something i did?

shutter set on auto
flash angled towards the ceiling
f/2.8
135mm

383634r10072003kp3.jpg

That looks a little like physical fogging of the emulsion from creases in the film. Have a look at the film and see if there are any shallow creases where those marks are.

Best,
Helen

thanks helen! i'll do it when i get home from work.

would i have done something to cause the film to crease?

What happened to cause the light fogging? Could the same fault have creased the film? It doesn't have to be creases, it could be anything that puts pressure on the emulsion locally. The shape of the marks are like those made by creases, however. Perhaps from the film being pinched laterally, and hence kinked a little. It doesn't take much.

If the film is wound back into a 35 mm cassette the wrong way you would also see fogging by creases, but in that case the creases are repeated vertical lines.

Best,
Helen

thank you, helen!

I've also noticed when having a little trouble and resistance loading the reel, and the film wants to fight back, I'll get a few of these on the first frame or two.

if its creases, perhaps you just need to be positive your film is loaded in the carrier completely flat...

When you load, Are you winding the advance once to take the slack out before closing the back of the camera?

When you first asked me about those marks, I mentioned that this was something I had not seen, But now that I think about it along with what has been said here I am wondering about that.

Most reactions

Back