What happened to this lensboard?

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sounds like something someone from my area would try to sell on craigslist. My latest favorite? The guy asking $1200 for a D7100 with an 18-250mm lens.

I used to go to these Garage Sale facebook groups. I would get SO MAD because people were selling their crap for way too much.

"I'm not going to pay $20 for a used laundry basket! I don't care if you paid too much for it!"

Speaking of lead...that first board does kind of look like maybe a .22 LR bullet hit it,or maybe even some small buckshot...it has that "look" of #4 buck, say maybe from a 20 gauge shotgun...kind of a cluster of what looks like round, lead balls...that sort of "explosion" pattern you referenced...it does look a lot like a gunshot from something very low-powered and soft lead. I really do think you're right--like maybe somebody shot it.

I wasn't even thinking buckshot, but that does make sense.

What's up with all the pencil scratching though?

I am wondering if that might actually have been shot from VERY close, like 8,9 feet with a .410 bore shotgun, with the "pencil scratching" perhaps being lines created by the many small bird shot, typically .410 bore sheels are loaded with small size #7 1/2 or size #8 birdshot, with the majority of the shot charge that was still in the plastic shot cup having causing the central white-gray splatter, then the outer periphery of the shot deflecting outward?

It sort of looks like six or so main projectiles hit the board...

Who know though...

Last edited:
Maybe someone tried to weld something onto it.

Most reactions

Back