What happens when you plan to buy Canon but then all people you like use Nikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the same thing too except that I was also considering something from Olympus. Not so much anymore since I just found out thru here that 4/3 is pretty much done...or will be in the future.

Instead, I decided I will be going with the d7000 for sure. The T2i you mentioned is in a completely lower class compared to the d7000, just like everyone has stated but a more accurate comparison would be the 60D vs the d7000. Canon is great and definitely has a lot of pros but I decided on Nikon and the d7000. The price difference between the 60D and d7000 here in Canada is literally, $100...for that small difference I get a HUGE jump up in build quality among many other things.

I suggest you go with Nikon!

PS- I shoot with Olympus, so I'm literally in the middle.

ya the D7000 looks super sweet...

Its my new recommendation for a first DSLR, as long as people can afford it.

Yep I find they are both great systems. And recommend that people go and handle both at a store. Get a feel for button and menu layout. Which feels more natural to you and fits the pocketbook.

I can make valid arguments for nikon or canon and put either one ahead by picking and choosing tidbits of specs smashed togother to make my case. But in the end it is that more undefinable feeling of connections between the shooter and the camera that gives the "Feels Right" for me. In my case it was nikon. But yep a lot can be had with the D7000 that you can grow into knowing you have a very capable camera with newest high iso performer. I wish I could afford one myself but funds have me stuck this year with my trusty D200.

Yeah the D7000 looks awesome however I seem to come across something. Apparently you must set the aperture before you start recording video you can not change the aperture once recording. I find this odd I don't remember if I found it in the link below or in another forum. Something I do really like A LOT about the D7000 its the dual SD cards, it means I can save video and photos separately.

By the way the following links are so far the Best previews I have found for the Nikon D7000:

Nikon D7000 Digital Camera First Impressions Review - DigitalCamerainfo.com

Nikon D7000 Hands-on Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Also I was also surprised to find that the image processor used in Nikon cameras are made by Sony while Canon makes their own. Don't find this a problem or a turn off just saying because I found it interesting lol.

After seeing my avatar that was taken w/ a Canon can you really pick a Nikon??!! lol Just sayin.........

All I can say is that I have the Canon 550D and it's GREAT.

After seeing my avatar that was taken w/ a Canon can you really pick a Nikon??!! lol Just sayin.........

Its that you, whao ok cool :drool: but that does not justify this :lol:... btw Canon 5D M2 look sweet too though there are rumours the successor its coming out next year, probably by early or mid 2011 seeing as Nikon has hit Canon hard.

There were rumours of a 5DM3 about a month before the 5DM2 was even released ;)
If you play the chase and wait game with camera bodies you'll end up never making a purchase - the harder part being that canon never let slip anything until right up to the release date. So nobody ever knows what they will or when they will release.

Choose from what is on the market now - the biggest photo event of the year (kinda) was running this last week or so so anything to be announced will be now till next year sometime.

Its that you, whao ok cool :drool: but that does not justify this :lol:... btw Canon 5D M2 look sweet too though there are rumours the successor its coming out next year, probably by early or mid 2011 seeing as Nikon has hit Canon hard.

This is a true statement...

Canon is on the ropes, but far from out of the fight imo.

At least they got those 2 brutal telephotos coming out soon. That will give more pros a reason to go with Canon.

I cant wait to see reviews on them, and maybe pics here from someone lucky enough to own one of them.

They start to worship you for your god-like intelligence? JUST KIDDING!!! DONT SKEWER ME!!! IM SOOOOOORRY!!!! (grin)

Think about what you're going to get and if you're going to upgrade. My neighbor is hating his Nikon atm because once he upgrades his body to a FF he can't use his current lenses. With the Canon, I can use the EF lenses for both of my bodies w/out any issue. Beside, does it matter what other people use? It should be about what you feel and how it'll save you money end of the day.

Your post is somewhat irrelevant because FF Canon can't use EF-S lenses in the same way...there's no difference there. Your friend just didn't buy the right kind of lenses and you did.

I will say I like Canon more, but it's gotta be completely up to you. Don't worry about what your friends (or we) think about the subject. Test out the cameras and see which one you like more...cuz you'll probably be using that brand the rest of your life.

People get way to caught up in the Canon VS Nikon battle. It's all about what feels the best to you. Both brands make amazing cameras that will produce top notch images. As far as video quality, Nikon is swinging back at Canon with 1080p HD video in their new models. Personally, I prefer Nikon b/c they are a bit more user friendly, and overall feel more solid in my hands... That being said, I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at the idea of owning a Canon. Just remember this, when you choose a brand and invest in it, make sure you make a choice that you can live with... Don't put thousands of $ into one brand and decide to switch to another....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back