What has social media done for you?

rexbobcat said:
It depends on your social circle sometimes I think. I'll post a photo and 10 of my college friends will like it and ask me to take photos of them

And I'm just like w/e you guys can't afford it. And I'm right. They can't. Social media at least in my area is a "something for nothing" sort of thing.

"why do I need to buy photos when I can save them off of FB"

I only post them to FB after I I've given whoever the photos.

I never save mine in their original size on the web & I also watermark my web photos.

And i mean, fb is the general population, you wont have proffesionals looking at ur photos. You’ll have people that are more interested in actually buying your work. Chris Jarvis’ reputation was boosted as soon as he created his succesful youtube account!

We have really liked being able to use facebook as a marketing tool. The vast majority of people we know and shoot for have FB and use it to post photos of themselves. My wife is also very into blogging and will advertise a new blog post on FB with a photo and link to the blog. She tags the people in the photo so it shows up on their wall and all their friends and family can see it, like it, and comment on it. We think it is a great way to get our name out there.

Social Media gave me my lost friend of school days. We were not in touch from the past 14 years :)

yes you are right. The online Social media is become so huge and in terms of marketing it is a very good, easy and cheap way to promote your business. In fb you tagged photos and get likes.I also get many likes in Instagram loaded that photoes in fb, twitter and i also get good results and popularity.I think overall now a days fb and social media working near by 70% result.

It really is free advert. Some utilize it better than others. Just like anything else the more you put it the more you get out of it.

I thought about deleting it, but then I would lost contact with all of my military friends and Korean friends. However I do a "spring cleaning" every once in awhile by deleting those I no longer talk to. I only have 60 friends as of now.

I fit in with more "anti-social media".:wink:

skieur

...the only reason i signed up on facebook was to track down a deadbeat.Which I found,and eventually got paid.Oh,and lucky me,now I'm friends w/2 ex-wives and a former girlfriend.Sure am glad of that........lol

For me i've bagged a few paid gigs on FB, mostly birthday parties, family portraits, and a couple of weddings. I haven't sold any images via FB, Most FB users i know assume if they can see it online then they dont need to pay for it (i always watermark them), probably not the best place to show images that you intend to sell anyway.
Aside from photography FB is undoubtedly the best way to keep in touch with friends you dont get to see very often, I dont live in my hometown anymore so it works well for me.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it.

Honestly It helps my self-esteem and allows me to show off to my less photography oriented friends.

It also allows me to easily find people if I lost their cell number or something.

And it lets me know who I should refrain from talking about politics with. Lol

The people who actually talk to me about photos on FB generally want something for nothing. Lol

Last edited:
I'm gonna sugarcoat it.

Honestly It helps my self-esteem and allows me to show off to my less photography oriented friends.

I post a lot more pictures on FB than i do here..... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back