What I Did On My Summer Vacation...

mavrik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattantonino.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know most of you haven't seen our blog or any of our images so I thought I'd share a little bit of what we did this summer:

http://www.pictureinfinity.com/slideshows/blog06

Note: I didn't resize anything or grab originals so I know a few are slightly pixelated. I just took the images straight off our blog and played around for a minute to show you what sort of stuff we do! :)

Thanks for looking.

Matt

I really like several of the photos. I really, really hate your slideshow software . . . for me, anyway, it interferes with viewing the photographs.

The zoom often seems to pull me away from the portion of picture its composition is directing me too. The variable timing also appears to disagree on which shots I'd linger on.

I'm not MTV generation and it's quite possible that this ole fart's take just isn't relevant to your target audience. It seems to me the pictures compete with the AV type presentation instead of the presentation highlighting the pictures . . . just depends, I suppose, on which skill set you're displaying . . . both are valid.

Your mileage may vary. You have some very, very fine photographs buried in the montage . . . I just didn't like fighting with the presentation to get back to the pictures I wished to linger with.

Thanks Daryl! I appreciate the feedback. I agree that the templates I create for 2007 should be slower, and more focused on the images. :) You have some good points in there.

M

Well, I for one like this presentation, since it was not aimed at anyone to appreciate a specific photo, but aimed at many to get an as-full-as-possible overview of what all has been done over one whole summer. And in that I like how the show follows the music.

Agreed, there were some photos that I - had they been presented all by themselves in this forum, for example - would have looked at for longer than was possible here, but I see that this is an overview.

Who is your target audience, by the way.
Us here on TPF, or is it your means of advertising your business?

Actually the target was our blog readers - people who've seen all of these images during the year. I thought it would be a fun little reminisce if they saw them all again. Then I said "wow this shows off a lot of the good stuff we did" so I posted it on some of the forums I'm on - I never post images anymore, no time, so I wanted to kill a few birds. :)

I will def. try to share more in the upcoming year. Now that my workflow is KILLER I'm going to have more time in 07! :)

M

I'm curious...are you paying royalties to use the music?

This can be a hot button topic, and I don't mean to stir things up. But, it's very easy and quite common for people to just use music on their web sites or when they make slide shows for clients. However, using copyrighted music without paying for it...is a illegal. I know, millions of people illegally download all kinds of music everyday...but I'm sure that we, as photographers, would be upset if someone used our images on their web site, without permission/compensation.

If you are using it legally, then I apologise for even bringing it up...but I think this is an issue that should be brought to attention for all the people that might see it.

I've had this conversation with many people in the past - and if you wish to remove the posting, go ahead. Thanks for looking either way. I'm not going to get into a debate over the music. Done that too many times and nobody ever sees anything different at the end. :)

M

Most reactions

Back