What indoor settings To use ?

Makmedia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi people I'm new
I was wondering if you could help me on what indoor settings to use at a religious function
I have got the following

Nikon D90
Nikon 18-105 vr lens
Sb900

Thanks

It's just a average living room..not that bright

Any suggestions?

First read this: http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/kie88335f7869dfuejdl=-cww2/D90_en.pdf
Then get this and read it: Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera [Paperbac: BRYAN PETERSON: Books

To the OP. This is not meant to be a smart @$$ post. You need to understand that every situation is different. Lighting in every situation is different. There are no magical exposure settings that we can give you. The art of photography is the art of understanding and painting with light. That is part of owning a camera such as a DSLR. The photographer has to know and understand light and the exposure triangle. This is a good place to learn the basics: Digital Photography Tutorials

If you don't have the time to learn and practice before this event, then I am going to suggest that you put you camera into Auto or mode, attach the SB900 and put it into TTL mode and use the thing as a big P&S for this event. Then follow the steps above. If you don't understand the operation of your camera then the rest is pretty much useless, so read and understand the manual and your gear first. Bryan Peterson's book is virtually a must have for new photographers and Cambridge in Color tutorials are easily understandable by most go give you a basic foundation to build upon.

Good luck

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you don't have the time to learn and practice before this event, then I am going to suggest that you put you camera into Auto or mode, attach the SB900 and put it into TTL mode and use the thing as a big P&S for this event.
Ditto.
Shoot on green.

Most reactions

Back