What Is a Good Wide Angle Lens?

TommiP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bt-photography.com
Not sure if this is posted in the right place or not can be moved if you want?

Anybody know a good wide angle lens? Dont want to go over board and spend too much!!

Any suggestions please?

Need more information. For what camera? What sort of prints doi you make? How much do you want to spend? Without this information, you might get answers such as '24mm Hexanon prime.'

It is for a Nikon D50, i am just getting in to using a slr and looking to take wide shots of different things such as cars at shows, etc.

Hope this is some sort of help in terms of cost i was looking at maybe £200 but not sure if there is anything in this price range?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm goign to buy a 17-35mm AF-S Nikkor in the near future, it's an inexpensive good wide-angle zoom lens considering that the Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8 is $1,500.

What lenses do you have now?

How wide are you looking to go, or are you just thinking of replacing the 18-55? The 12-24mm is a nice lens, but not cheap.
If it were me, I'd stick with the 18-55mm for a while and save some more cash. Then look at the 17-55 or 28-70. I shoot car shows a bit and love my 28-70mm f/2.8 for that.

Cheers for tha advice everyone got some good ideas to go on with. will post up when i get a different lens and let you know what i think.

Once again cheers and anyone else got more ideas please post. :thumbup:

darin3200 said:
For really wide angles, sigma 10-20mm
The Sigma's Optically a good lens, but it's made of plastic and truly does feel a bit cheap when you use it. The Tokina 12-24mm is similarly priced, built like a tank, and a stunning lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back