What is ALT text?? How do I

sunbeam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi. Wondering if someone could explain Alt Text to me, and how to add it to your images. I will be using Photobiz. Also, for my blog, what is RSS feed, and how does that play into SEO?

So much to learn! Any tips on SEO (while we're at it lol)??

Hi. Wondering if someone could explain Alt Text to me, and how to add it to your images. I will be using Photobiz. Also, for my blog, what is RSS feed, and how does that play into SEO?

ALT text is used with HTML and the IMG tag. When someone hovers their cursor over an image the ALT text you coded is displayed.

Alt text tells the search engines (Google) what your picture is about. Depending on what you take pictures of and how well you tag them you can pick up 1k-3k views a month on the average blog.

RSS feed, every time you publish a blog post everyone who subscribes to your feed will get a preview or your whole post send to them. IMO it's best to set it up as a preview to get them back to your site. Don't count on any traffic from your feed unless you pimp it 24/7. Feed will not help your site with SEO.

like kmh said, it's in the img tag... alt="your text here"

Most reactions

Back