shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a typical house fly
4874180825_5b69209c92_b.jpg

4874180885_e50ac49402_b.jpg

Very nice. What glass were you using? Any extension tubes or teleconverters?

Well, I don't like them, when they buzz around me, and I least like those that sport all those blue-green colours. But in MACRO photography they are a different matter all together! Then they are fascinating, probably because you'd never see them like this with your eyes. Like this one looks like it was sewn together above the nose (provided flies have got noses???). Good focus. Good light.

i think find house fly's interesting when photographed because they look so alien like when they actually get to look at them, big eyes, hairs, different colors, wings.

They're beautiful insects as long as they don't sit on your food

I find that any insect is interesting to photograph with macro. There is just so much detail that we dont see with the naked eye.

creepy lookin, nice job! Insects do look great with macro

Thanks everybody. After seeing these flies up close, I will never eat anything that they land on :p

Very nice. What glass were you using? Any extension tubes or teleconverters?

#1: 1/100th sec, f/16, ISO 1250, diffused flash fill, 50mm reverse with 65mm extension tube

#2 1/80th sec, f/16, ISO 1600, diffused flash fill, 50mm with 65mm extension tube

WOW! How did you get a photo sesion with Jeff Goldbum?

Great macros. I prefer the first image out of the two. I do like the second, but the bottom left corner keeps catching my eye.

Flies are very interesting up close.

That's not a house fly by the way. A house fly is a Muscid, this is a blow fly from what I can see (Calliphoridae Family)

Lovin' the 1st, I really like the macro shots of these fella's I see on the forum. If I was lucky/skilled enough to get a shot like this I would probably run somthing like Noise Ninja or similar over it to smooth out the background a little..............

There small and move fast so I think its good practice all around. Plus, let's face it they just look really cool

Most reactions

Back