What is it??

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I just got this thing from my friend. To me it looks lie a below but I'm not exactly sure what it is. Here what it says on the lens:
RODENSTOCK SIRONAR-N 210MM F5.6. It's in very good condition and it comes in a big case. It it worth something?

Thanks
Marek

Photo00052.jpg

Photo00051.jpg

Photo00050.jpg

Photo00048.jpg

Photo00047.jpg

Looks to me like it might be an old large format camera.

Unless I am totally mistaken, I'll bet that if you can find a buyer, the lens alone might be worth as much as $700.00 - $900.00 or more if it is in good condition.

Last edited:
It looks like an old economy model Calumet 4x5 view camera. The lens is probably worth more than the camera itself is worth.

So to get this straight - this is a complete camera?

You have two things:

1. A Calumet C-400 (I believe) 4x5 view camera. A very decent, though not particularly elegant, camera. These were common "beginner" cameras popular with students and studio photographers just starting out. Many found no reason to move up to one of the high end cameras. Your's appears to be one of the later iterations that had lengthened springs on the ground glass panel to allow the thicker than standard Polaroid pack film backs (originally the 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 model and later the 4x5 model) to fit. If I remember correctly, this camera began production as a Kodak product in the '40s, perhaps earlier. Calumet acquired the design in the early '50s and made it for many decades.

2. A Roedenstock Sironar-N 210 f/5.6 lens. This is a very high quality lens and is a good lens for studio work on 4x5. The lens will easily cover 5x7 which allows for significant movements when used on 4x5. It is the standard focal length for product photography and portraiture.

You have two things:

1. A Calumet C-400 (I believe) 4x5 view camera. A very decent, though not particularly elegant, camera. These were common "beginner" cameras popular with students and studio photographers just starting out. Many found no reason to move up to one of the high end cameras. Your's appears to be one of the later iterations that had lengthened springs on the ground glass panel to allow the thicker than standard Polaroid pack film backs (originally the 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 model and later the 4x5 model) to fit. If I remember correctly, this camera began production as a Kodak product in the '40s, perhaps earlier. Calumet acquired the design in the early '50s and made it for many decades.

2. A Roedenstock Sironar-N 210 f/5.6 lens. This is a very high quality lens and is a good lens for studio work on 4x5. The lens will easily cover 5x7 which allows for significant movements when used on 4x5. It is the standard focal length for product photography and portraiture.

Impressive. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back