What is my niche title?

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shoot a lot of portraits of models and couples.
I consider these two types of photography to be my niche market.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to put my niche in words.
For instance, my Instagram bio says, "Fashion and Couples Photographer."

Are there any better ways I can say what I do?

I was thinking of just using, "Portrait Photographer" but I feel like this is too vague.

What are some other terms I can use to appropriately address that I photograph models and couples?

Well sorry but King of the Photography Sciencey Stuff is already taken, Danny laid claim to it earlier today in another thread.

God Save King Danny!

Well sorry but King of the Photography Sciencey Stuff is already taken, Danny laid claim to it earlier today in another thread.

God Save King Danny!

Well, that's good for him, but I'm not into photographing "sciencey stuff".

I think I'm just going to use, "Portraits and Couples Photographer."

Thanks guys!

I steer away from "niche" anything. It pigeon-holes you.

My strong suits are concerts and motorsports. If I identify myself as such, other clients may not even think to consider hiring me. Sure, I shoot concerts and motorsports, but those aren't all I'm capable of shooting. They're just the two areas I believe I excel at.

Just call yourself a "photographer"...

If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

Apparently you have no business plan.

There is no location info in your profile. What might work in some part of the USA may not work so well in some part of Europe, Asia, or Australia.

I too subscribe to the notion of not wanting my business name to limit the type of work I might attract or decide I wanted to do.
In fact I was not limited to doing only still photography.
My business name also allowed doing things like graphic arts advertising projects and video production, or to incorporate all those elements into a complete service for potential customers.

Most reactions

Back