What is the best CHEAP wireless flash trigger?

mc_hudd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon T2i & a Nissin Di622 (apparently Cactus V4 doesn't work w/ this flash). I also have http://www.photographerswarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=659 (x2) & http://www.photographerswarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=662 (x1) .

These flashes can all be used as slaves, so I'm assuming I would only need 1 receiver... ??? I don't have a ton of money to spend, so Pocket Wizard is out of the question. I know I've seen several ppl post about generic transmitters & was wondering what the best would be for my situation.

TIA for any suggestions!!

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Odd that the Cactus won't work; have you looked a the Cactus Ver 2 or 3? They're definitely the best of the cheap crowd. If you type "wireless flash trigger" or similar into eBay's search bar, you will get a host of results with units around the $10/module price. I've played with a few different ones, and IMO, they're all about equal. They seem to do a decent job as long as they're within 20' or so of the trigger.

You should only need one receiver, as long as you can set your strobes up in such a way as the one with the reciever will trip the others. If your camera has a PC Sync socket, you can always just get a long cord and connect directly to the strobes.

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
Having seen and tried many of the inexpensive radio triggers, these are the best: ISHOOT, PT-04 C Wireless Remote Radio Flash Trigger, with 3 receivers

You can mount 2 speedlights on each receiver. That allows you to double the amount of light on a light stand, something I have not seen any other radio trigger offer.

The only mis-fires I have ever had were caused by my error, and I have tested the effective to range to 100 feet.

I currently have 3 of the kits, so I have 3 transmitters, and 9 receivers. Oh, the receiver body can be rotated on the hot shoe head so you can see from a distance the power and trigger lights, something else most other inexpensive radio triggers don't do.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics