What is the best magazine for digital photography?

Thank you all for your responses. There are too many magazines to choose from I suppose I would be better off going to B&N and just see the content of each and every magazine. In the past I have seen some European magazines, they were kind of expensive but thick and reach in content. Unfortunately they were not available for subscription
Once again, many thanks for your participation.
Trouble is most have the same old crap in them, most UK magazines are about processing

I hear you, then I would love to see them more, as long as they are not about advertisement :) the way many or majority of the magazines are all about

I don't buy magazines anymore.
There was a time when getting a good review in a magazine was critical to your product. People trusted the reviewers to be critical of products.
However with subscriptions sales going down, nobody gives harsh or honest reviews anymore.
Those that do give a bad review, find the company pulls the advertising funding from the magazine and they are even fired in some instances.
Thus, magazines are usually under the yoke of the companies trying to sell you products.
Also, a 100 page magazine now has only about 20 pages of content and 80 pages of ads.

I don't buy magazines anymore.
There was a time when getting a good review in a magazine was critical to your product. People trusted the reviewers to be critical of products.
However with subscriptions sales going down, nobody gives harsh or honest reviews anymore.
Those that do give a bad review, find the company pulls the advertising funding from the magazine and they are even fired in some instances.
Thus, magazines are usually under the yoke of the companies trying to sell you products.
Also, a 100 page magazine now has only about 20 pages of content and 80 pages of ads.

I agree with you 100%, that is why I stopped subscribing Digital Photography magazine years ago, extensive amount of advertisement and most articles around it too

Recently picked up an issue of Shutterbug at the airport and read it cover to cover on the plane in about an hour. I also recently bought a couple UK mags at a bookstore and while I liked them, too many of the articles were really product reviews.

Recently picked up an issue of Shutterbug at the airport and read it cover to cover on the plane in about an hour. I also recently bought a couple UK mags at a bookstore and while I liked them, too many of the articles were really product reviews.

I went to B&N and picked up The Photographers'Guide to Adobe, Ptotoshop & Lightroom- great magazine, valume 6 - 20.00 dollars and the book Phtoshop for Lightroom Users by Scott Kelby, not sure if i am going to keep the second, but decided to stop searching for a subscription magazine

It depends! on whats your category in photography there are a lot of magazines out there ..

I agree, a lot!

For Canon EOS users it's very hard to top EOS Magazine. Fantastic content that covers every subject. All mags go around the block again and again, but this is one to keep and collect over a few years if you're pushing your boundaries with EOS gear. There's a digital version too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back