What is the best online digital photo printing site?

kuhaikid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering where the best place to print out my digital photos would be? I have checked out these sites and I was wondering if i could get some feedback or suggestions.

CVS.com
shutterfly
snapfish
whoblinked.com

Your help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Shuan

I used snapfish and thought the pics were great and cheap! I am printing my own photo now and I am enjoying that so much more.

The 2 I have used is MPIX and MyPhotoPipe.
Both where good, but I really like MPIX and they ship quick in the Midwest.

Personally I use Photobox - I know they're UK based, but they'll mail anywhere, fast, cheap, and damn good quality....

kuhaikid said:
I was wondering where the best place to print out my digital photos would be? I have checked out these sites and I was wondering if i could get some feedback or suggestions.
CVS.com
shutterfly
snapfish
whoblinked.com
Your help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Shuan

I use EZPrints (http://ezprints.com/. The quality
is excellent and their site is easy to use.

Nobody suggests KodakGallery? I'm not knowlegible enough to know good vs. so-so prints when I see them . . .

Yet another vote for Mpix.com. :thumbup:

I use KodakGallery.com prints for snapshots. The main difference is the paper.
KodakGallery uses 'Kodak PerfectTouch Paper'. It's fine for snapshots.
Mpix uses 'Kodak Professional Endura'. One can see/feel the difference. Click here for more info on two other papers they offer and the price list.

ksmattfish said:
but their photo books are nice.
Yeah, I saw one y'day and it was cool.

I've never liked prints from KodakGallery.com before they bought out Ofoto.
Kodak has heavily invested in the printing business. Check out Kodak Creative Network for their new goodies.

This may be a silly question; but, here it goes anyways... Is Endura paper just for printing from negatives? Or can I use it to print from an inkjet with pictures from my digital slr?

Thanks in advance,
B

I use White House Custom Color and have been VERY happy with them. The shipping is real fast and the quality is excellent. They do a truly proffesional job. I'm impressed with packaging as well. No envelopes. Everything is boxed, even for one 8x10. The software is real easy to use so be carefull. I have found myself ordering 24x36's after a few beers........This sure would look nice big....hehe.:mrgreen:

I give them a big thumbs up. :thumbup:

Check them out at www.whcc.com

You can shoot me for this one, but Walgreens has online uploading of images and you can go pick them up in an hour, just down the street from your home.

I'm only adding this for 4x6 and 5x7 prints, even though I have had some 8x10s make for test prints. They use Fuji and Kodak kiosks if you go to the store.

Most of this is automated, so it doesn't matter if you go to CVS, Walgreens, or some of the photo shops. They are mostly using the same Fuji equipment.

Best around here is across town and uses dye-sublimation printers, and personally I like the way the prints look. Some people don't.

But if you want 19c prints (or is it 16c now?) head for Walmart, Sam's, the corner pharmacy, or anyplace else and you'll get fine photos. What they won't do, is color correction and anything more than just putting them in the machine and popping them out. So you need to make sure that what you give them is exactly what you want. (also some places don't have a clue how to run their equipment, so after one batch you'll want to find a better one)

This is where some the mail places will beat them every time.

Like everything else, it all depends on what you want and if you want to pay for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back