What is the difference between these two batteries packs?

1900mAh vs 2000

I've been using Rayovac 2400mAh rechargeable batteries in my flashes without any issues. Bought them for about the same price at walmart, seriously impressed with the battery life between charges.

Why is 1900 mAh costed more than 2000 mAh?

Perhaps older stock, bought at a higher price, and thus sold at a higher price? Perhaps simply being sold for more money simply to boost B&H's profit margins?

I think the P/N SEC-HR3U4BPN (2nd link) refer to 2nd Generation of the Eneloop battery which rated at 1500 rechargeable times while the P/N HR-3UTGB-4BP refer to the 3rd Generation of the Eneloop battery which rated at 1800 rechargeable times.

From what I read, the 3rd generation Eneloop is better than the older generation in terms of charge retaining.

So just based on the price, I will for sure pick the newer generation. And I believe that is the last generation of the Eneloop battery that still have the Sanyo brand instead of Panasonic.

I believe the 3rd generation batteries could be on sales now. The AAA version of the 3rd generation cost $12.95. So it is higher than the AA.

I use the C.F.L. 3800 mAh batteries for lots of storage power. Those drain over time whereas eneloops hold their charge when not in use so just make sure they're charged before using if they were sitting for a period of time. Just a little over a buck each...

aa batteries rechargeable 3800 mah | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The more expensive ones with less capacity hold 75% of their capacity over 3 years.

The others do not say this.

Besides, if you want high capacity, the white Sanyos are the worst batteries to get. They are exactly made for the opposite purpose - hold a lot of current over extended periods of time.

Most reactions

Back