What is the name of this type of photography?

LOVE this style of photography. People who don't like this style just automatically write it off as "Hipster" and bash anyone who does like it....Lame

I still like and use my old Kodak Jiffy loaded up with tastee BHPhoto 620mm film....no photoshop required

247593_1870681761395_1071635590_2055325_4970147_n.jpg

252182_1870682041402_1071635590_2055327_2595374_n.jpg

People who don't like this style just automatically write it off as "Hipster" and bash anyone who does like it....Lame

I don't recall bashing anyone... But I'm going to call it like I see it. If it looks hipster, it's probably hipster.

I didn't bash it either. Just said it don't trip my trigger.

Wasn't really directed towards you all specifically, I've ran into my fair share of people who bash it for being "Hipster" style like it's a bad thing.

Wasn't really directed towards you all specifically, I've ran into my fair share of people who bash it for being "Hipster" style like it's a bad thing.

Well, to some... Being a hipster is a few steps away from being a hobo.

Interpret that how you will.

while some may not like, appreciate or even find interesting at all, she's average about 23 comments per image and very few are commenting negatively, i'd say there are some who do indeed dig this style. while it ain't my cup of green tea, there are obviously many who are into it.
it's no different than when i go to a museum and spend less time viewing paintings' styles i find less captivating. to each their own, get in where you fit in.

while some may not like, appreciate or even find interesting at all, she's average about 23 comments per image and very few are commenting negatively, i'd say there are some who do indeed dig this style. while it ain't my cup of green tea, there are obviously many who are into it.
it's no different than when i go to a museum and spend less time viewing paintings' styles i find less captivating. to each their own, get in where you fit in.

Having been a member on Flickr for years I can say that it isn't a C&C type comment place so rarely do you see negative comments unless someone is asking an opinion posted with the image. Most Flickr contacts/Friends are usually someone that adds you because they like your style, etc etc
On here or other photo forums - well thats a different beast as you well know. That person is probably wondering how the view count went up so quickly lol

Art is art and art is subjected - like you said, to each their own
If one has a broad interest in photography, then maybe they can easily appreciate that persons work. I certainly know the effort that goes into it, whether I like it or not.

Most reactions

Back