What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, in another thread we went from world domination to blue cheese ice cream...I thought this sounded a little "strange"...it reminded me though that someone somewhere told me that you are supposed to add chocolate to chilli...im not sure why, but this too is strange. Im sure there are reasons though, and they must work seeing as they still do it!

Anyways, On this kinda note, I was wondering - What is the strangest/weirdest thing you've ever eaten, or a food you simply do not (cannot) like?

I personally think sweetcorn is evil. I cannot get my mind around it. Just the thought of it weirds me out.

Also, I had dinner at a friends house once and her mum had made us macaroni cheese (home made, not packet) and she'd put shovels full of sugar in it, it tasted all weird and sweet - that is possibly one of the strangest things. Perhaps she accidently put sugar in instead of salt? I don't know....

I also bit into a mars bar once - and lost a tooth! I don't eat them now.

for fear of being banned I refuse to answer that question

it is that you add chilli to dark chocolate! great taste. You'll find that one in every German supermarket these days.

I had meat with chocolate sauce once ... at a Mexican restaurant in Glasgow. not bad , not bad.

Is this only about things we've eaten? Or can places we've put our tongues be included?

I used to put apple in currys now and then. I say currys, it was more "stuff with lots of spice". Someone had moved the cayenne peper on the rack and in its place was allspice. Just imagine how sweet it was with apple and a HUGE ammount of allspice. It wasn't very nice.

it is that you add chilli to dark chocolate! great taste. You'll find that one in every German supermarket these days.

I had meat with chocolate sauce once ... at a Mexican restaurant in Glasgow. not bad , not bad.
The chilli is meant to "perk up" your taste buds which makes the chocolatey taste more intense.

I tried fish food as a young kid.

Anyone ever tried the deep fried Mars bar up North?

Up north? I make my own! They're great.

Obviously we've all tried dog food at some stage as well. Haven't we?

Obviously we've all tried dog food at some stage as well. Haven't we?

No ... we had a huge German Shepherd .. too dangerous to try his food :p

Just remember, cornflakes with salt (that was actually by accident) .. I then tried to save the meal by adding candy to compensate... didn't really work ;) (I was 8 or 9 y/o then)

Oh, and I ate ants, lots of them.

I ate a leaf once, it was all furry, it had fallen off into my cornflakes - i couldnt eat cornflakes for a while but i got over it!

I had a deep fried mars bar once. It actually wasn't too bad!

oh, I ate lots of furry things too ..

I ate crocodile when I was five. Just fishy chicken really! (Is that an example of you are what you eat? Which in that case I guess that makes me a non-salty fishy chicken?)

I always put a chip on my hamburgers *nods* odd I know

I once put peanut butter on a pizza.
I think I was around 10 or 12 years old, I seem to remember it being pretty good.

Balut, mountain oysters, cocks combs(quite tasty), rattle snake, bear, elk, hare, kangaroo, jellyfish, and I know I have eaten stuff that "claims" to be"chicken" or "pork"...I know it wasn't, but I liked what ever it was.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back