What is this on my sensor?!?!

Dust and hair/fiber. Time to buy a proper cleaning kit consisting of a Rocket Blower, sensor brush and a wet cleaning system.

Dust, on either the sensor or the lens. If it shows up with all lenses then it's obviously the sensor.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I've tried cleaning it multiple times wither a silk cloth with no change.
I guess I'll buy a proper cleaning kit then.
Anyway other way I can do it without a cleaning kit?

Can you compare a few photos and see if each has the same layout of dust and lint or if the locations change around??
It's exactly the same. In fact I think it has gotten a lot worse over time. I first started to notice little specs like 5 months ago but didnt think anything of it until it finally became super noticeable.
It's also not my lens as it still does it when I swap.

You should not be cleaning your sensor with anything other then the proper size sensor Swabs and proper cleaning solution. Swabs come individually wrapped and are assembled In a Clean room from the manufacture.using cloths is not a good idea even silk cloths.

I suspect what you're seeing now is a piece of silk thread on the sensor

You should not be cleaning your sensor with anything other then the proper size sensor Swabs and proper cleaning solution. Swabs come individually wrapped and are assembled In a Clean room from the manufacture.using cloths is not a good idea even silk cloths.
Even if it's assembled in a clean room, it automatically becomes contaminated once you open it so it's not much different. And it's not like I'm using soap and hot water to clean it. I'm literally using a dry silk cloth like the one I clean my lens with.

I suspect what you're seeing now is a piece of silk thread on the sensor
No, seeing that it's been like this before I even touched the sensor

.......... I'm literally using a dry silk cloth like the one I clean my lens with.

Please tell me you're kidding.

PLEASE!?!?!?!?!

That is such a bad idea on so many levels.

Well good luck with the silk then and the dirty sensor.:1247:

.......... I'm literally using a dry silk cloth like the one I clean my lens with.

Please tell me you're kidding.

PLEASE!?!?!?!?!

That is such a bad idea on so many levels.
I don't see what the big deal is. I've done it before on all of my other cameras... (which are perfectly fine btw)
Well good luck with the silk then and the dirty sensor.:1247:

I literally live 2 and a half hours away from the closest place that sells a cleaning kit for a camera sensor, hence why I'm asking for another way to clean it

I don't see what the big deal is. I've done it before on all of my other cameras... (which are perfectly fine btw)

You probably can't see the damage due to all the dust and fibers covering up the scratches. Trust me. Keep using your hillbilly method and you'll eventually be asking about how much it costs to replace the sensor.

Well I fixed it. No more spots (no scratches).
I just wasn't looking in the right spot.
Thanks for all of your guys help I suppose

Most reactions

Back