What is this??

dklod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, what have I captured here?? Let me clear a few things up before you all comment. It was a rainy afternoon. NOTHING got in in my shot. No ones hand, no tree branches or micro bursts of dust. I was shooting in burst mode (3 frames/sec). These are just 2 frames out of the sequence. Its all you need to see. They are in the order of the sequence.

First this:

P1000734.jpg

Then this:

P1000735.jpg

Any logical explainations?? If you dont, then dont bother posting, Ive already been through that on another forum. I only want serious responses.

Do you smoke? Could be cigarette smoke if you had one at the time.

I appreciate you guys having a look, but I did say to only reply if you have a logical or maybe not so logical theory. If these 2 frames are less than 1/3 of a second apart, dont you think it would be in both shots???????? If I told you there was a murder/suicide in the house, what would you think then??

They gave you logical theories, why are you giving them a hard time about it. I also highly doubt you caught a ghost on camera. Believe what you want... there are probably multiple reasons for this. Who knows maybe the camera could have malfunctioned or something.

I appreciate you guys having a look, but I did say to only reply if you have a logical or maybe not so logical theory. If these 2 frames are less than 1/3 of a second apart, dont you think it would be in both shots???????? If I told you there was a murder/suicide in the house, what would you think then??

Logical? Do you think it's logical that a ghost can move in and out of a frame in 1/3 of a second? Are ghosts known to be that much faster than the living??? Because no living person could be caught in only one frame of a 3 frame burst. So my logical advice is to not knock people for trying to give you some logical explanations. No need to get butthurt because they're explanation isn't the one you want to hear.

Maybe he purposely created this to get a response out of people? How come your not showing the 3rd frame since you said you took 2. But yeah NateS said pretty much what I wanted to say lol.

Were you shooting through a screen? Sorta looks like it. It looks like wind catching screen and rippling it a bit. Happens on my windows here quite a bit.

How come your not showing the 3rd frame since you said you took 2.
I assume that these are the second and third of the 3 shot burst, with the first being identical to the second.

dklod said:
If I told you there was a murder/suicide in the house, what would you think then??
I don't know... I would think that you might be able to get a good deal on the house, or that maybe you don't live in a good neighborhood (in the case of a murder). Are you seriously implying that this could be a ghost??

I think cigarette smoke or rain blowing off of the roof is a hell of a lot more logical (not to mention more serious) than a ghost.

I only mentioned the cigarette thing because it's happened to me before. The wind changes and blows the smoke in front of the lens, or maybe the light changed to make the smoke easier to see.

well, thanks anyway. I'll put it down to a camera glitch. Im just frustrated by this pic so I apologize for having a go at those who suggested something got in the frame. I posted it somewhere else and people did not want to listen when I made it perfectly clear that there were no physical obstructions in front of me but people still wanted to say it was tree, or someones hand or smoke etc. And there was no murder/suicide but it did get people thinking about ghosts which I believe in. I want to tell you more but I fear that it will influence your opinions. I was hoping that someone had experienced something similar or was into unusual photos and explaining them. Maybe someone still will.

I assume that these are the second and third of the 3 shot burst, with the first being identical to the second.

I don't know... I would think that you might be able to get a good deal on the house, or that maybe you don't live in a good neighborhood (in the case of a murder). Are you seriously implying that this could be a ghost??

I think cigarette smoke or rain blowing off of the roof is a hell of a lot more logical (not to mention more serious) than a ghost.

I only mentioned the cigarette thing because it's happened to me before. The wind changes and blows the smoke in front of the lens, or maybe the light changed to make the smoke easier to see.

I appreciate your interest, but as I said, Im frustrated by this. I dont smoke. There was no one nearby me. The rain was not heavy enough to change the image. this is the 1st and 2nd frames. The 3rd was the same as the first. All pics taken on a digital. Although I dont think its a ghost, Im quite open to the fact that it could be. Not like they have never been caught in photos before.

Most reactions

Back