What is This??

Digital Matt said:
Looks like some type of rust/corrosion.

that's what i thought -:)
good pics, btw - they look like paintings, i really like them-:)
welcome here!

It looks to me like corrosion or oxidation on copper... I could be wrong though... nice shots. some great textures there.

thx everyone for comments and guesses!
I was going to tell you all what it was yesterday but I was too busy.

ANSWER: It's the bottom of a big metal (aluminum?) cooking pot. I was cooking pasta the other day and forgot to turn the stove off (bad, bad, bad). I turned the pot over and saw those black flakes that looked like paint peeling off and the copper with all those beautiful colors.

I wonder though, if anyone thought these looked like some kind of skin disease...lol. someone did at another forum. kind of does, too, especially the 3rd one that's out of focus.

Gruesome skin disease that one would be! Brrr! Yak. ;)
And you forgot to put off the heat then? Well, when did you realise? What was the smell like? Who told you off for it? Did you throw out the pot - I assume you can no longer use it?

However: you did put it to wonderful "last" use when you took the photos of all these interesting colours. Very cool abstract - like I said earlier: had you handed this one in on the Monthly Challenge, this could have been a winner!

Hi M@ko & LaFoto :wink:

I realized I forgot to turn off the heat when I smelled a strange odor...how to describe, I don't know-electrical? I'm not going to use it anymore for cooking even if I still could. But no need to throw it away-could be used for other things... And I'm not done taking pics of it! lol.

Yeah, I wish I knew about the contest sooner. I could still enter it couldn't I, even if photo is of same subject but not the exact same as these I've already posted?

Well thx much for your comments, LaFoto.

Abalone shell? Well, M@ko, that's as interesting a guess as skin disease, but abalone shell is certainly much nicer :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back