What is this?

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:lol: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/jemmae/charlotteIMG_1187.jpg

Hi, Can any of you pros help me with the bright circle on the face of this little one??? I'm thinking it's sun related, but didn't notice it when I shot... I used Canon 350D if that's of any related importance??? I was spewing because quite liked the shot.... Is it able to be edited out? I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro & Adobe!!??? Any help for this mere amateur would be tremendously appreciated xxx

that would almost definately be lens flare, which is in fact caused by the sun. your best bet is to use a lens hood to reduce spots like that. It would be possible to clone it out, but since you would be working over hair and other fine details that might be pretty difficult...

It's a really cute photo though, sun spot or not.

I notice that this image has been edited and reposted by another member.
I would ask all members to read the Rules for this Gallery here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23315
Please do not edit other people's images unless specific permission is given.
If you post an image in here and you do not mind if another edits it then please put OTE (OK To Edit) somewhere in the original post.
If OTE is NOT in the post then you MUST assume that it isn't alright to edit.
We ask all members to observe and obey this Rule to avoid upset and argument (we've had them in the past, believe me).
Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback guys!! and thanks for helping edit bethany.... being a "noob", had no idea you can't edit other peoples photos but appreciate it none-the-less!! xx Can you please tell me what editing program you used and a quick method of WHAT you did?? Thanks again xxx

jemmy said:
Thanks for the feedback guys!! and thanks for helping edit bethany.... being a "noob", had no idea you can't edit other peoples photos but appreciate it none-the-less!! xx Can you please tell me what editing program you used and a quick method of WHAT you did?? Thanks again xxx

Hey.. we can edit photos.. you just have to give permission first. Like I said above.. if you want it.. email me, if not -

All I did was select the entire effected area -

modified the selection and increased it by 20 pixels, then feathered 50 pixels,

then used color balance to lower the yellow,

then I removed the harsh edge with the clone tool set on about 50 % opacity - Blurred out the hair because hair doesn't clone well..

thats it! Let me know if you have any questions!

Most reactions

Back