What is up with people when I photographing traffic?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I was photographing the traffic at night, there was one driver blew the horn at me. That was kinda rude. There was no the way I could shoot photos at the drivers at night. Most of the people don't have a problem with that. One time I was at the starbucks sitting outside and photographing the traffic during the day time, no one said anything, but one strange lady had a problem. She told me I shouldn't photographing the cars running by because there were drivers inside. Other people sitting near by me didn't have a problem, and they didn't say anything. Beside, the drivers were not clear in the photographs. What is up with those people?

They're people? I'm sure there are things that certain people do that bother you greatly that I wouldn't give a toss about.

Some people have strange views on having pictures taken of them. The respectful thing to do would be tell them to shut the hell up what you're doing isn't illegal, a mind your business in there would flow well i think.

When I was photographing the traffic at night, there was one driver blew the horn at me. That was kinda rude. There was no the way I could shoot photos at the drivers at night. Most of the people don't have a problem with that. One time I was at the starbucks sitting outside and photographing the traffic during the day time, no one said anything, but one strange lady had a problem. She told me I shouldn't photographing the cars running by because there were drivers inside. Other people sitting near by me didn't have a problem, and they didn't say anything. Beside, the drivers were not clear in the photographs. What is up with those people?

Do you have one of those special laser pointing camera's that would cause the driver to be blinded? Then the strange lady would be right ;) I would have asked her why I shouldn't photograph cars with drivers in them? I mean, if the cars moving, I would want a driver in it, but hey that's just me.

OMG! There's drivers in those cars!?!?!? Quick! Someone call the police... the FBI.... Homeland Security.....the CIA..... the NTSB.....the KGB.....Scotland Yard..... MI5.....

Dang.... isn't it obvious these people driving cars are terrorists, bent on destroying life, liberty and the American Way?!?!?!

And all you're doing is photographing them in the commission of a crime! Hooray for you! You'll be a hero!

OMG! There's drivers in those cars!?!?!? Quick! Someone call the police... the FBI.... Homeland Security.....the CIA..... the NTSB.....the KGB.....Scotland Yard..... MI5.....

Dang.... isn't it obvious these people driving cars are terrorists, bent on destroying life, liberty and the American Way?!?!?!

And all you're doing is photographing them in the commission of a crime! Hooray for you! You'll be a hero!
If you see something, say something. LOL!!

If you see something, say something. LOL!!

Oh, trust me... I'll do more than say something.... I'll record it with my camera as evidence!

There's this thing called a Bell curve. Most people live in the middle of it but some people live on the right side of it and some live on the left.

Sounds as though you've been running into several left siders lately.

I was wondering, what about the surveillance cameras at Starbucks or other public places. These are recorded 24/7. I have been going to Starbucks regularly, and I don't have a problem with that.

We stopped on our way home from a lake one time so that I could take a few photos of the nice alpenglow on the nearby mountains. I put a telephoto lens on the camera and started taking a few shots, quite oblivious of what was going on around me. When I got back into the car my wife and daughter were in stitches about how all the cars that had come around the corner just ahead of us had braked quite hard thinking I was clocking them. Drivers are strange.

I have a simple cure for the problem
Make windscreens out of steel so you can't accidentally take a picture of the driver.
Of course, this may introduce a few navigational problems but news photographers would have a great time and there'd be loads of new youtube accident videos.

Who knows? Someone might think you're taking pictures for some reason that will get people ticketed for speeding or something. (Somewhat like those ads by certain websites that have posted mug shots and want people to pay to have them taken down - those type things seem to add to people overreacting I think.)

I think the reason people sometimes might react they way they do is because 'everybody' is posting pictures all over the place, so people don't know why you're taking pictures or what you intend to do with them. If someone is not a photographer they probably can't figure out why you'd want to take pictures of traffic going by - I've gotten odd looks taking pictures of just about anything because people aren't seeing what I'm seeing - they see a building, I see a potential photograph.

Usually if people ask me what I'm taking pictures of or what for, I just tell them; or if they look at me inquisitively, I just nod and smile - or whatever fits the situation.

That time was a scary situation when a strange lady approached me and asked me not to photograph. She was ticked off about that. I could have a fist-fight with her, but so far nothing had happened. I hope that was the last thing ever happened.

Last edited:
There was one time that I did intentionally take a photo of a driver.

I live in the south and we have these drive thru restaurants called Sonic where you can either sit in your car or on a patio. My wife and I were sitting in the patio section one fall evening and some redneck in a pickup truck was going around the island acting a fool and barking his tires. I had my camera with me so I stood up and snapped away at him.

He drove off and about two minutes later was back telling me to delete the photos and wanting to fight if I didn't.

I apologized and said that it was too late, that I'd already sent them to the cops and that they said it'd be about five minutes before they got there. Then I told him he had about three minutes and he could do whatever he liked.

He barked his tires on the way out that time too.

I think you need to start keeping a 12 inch dildo in your camera bag to slap these people with. It doesn't sound like a regular slap would do the trick, but a dildo slap might.

When you pull it out, sane people will just run away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back