What is with all these beginners with $1000+ cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started off with a crappy $100 Samsung Digimax 201. It didn't even have a slide-out lens or any optical zoom. Then I went to a Fuji A400, which was much better, but still a P&S. Then I found a deal on Circuit City, the K100D kit for only $300. I was going to buy the Canon S5 at the time. I had a hard time deciding because I was a newb and needed a flip-out live view screen, easy controls, didn't like looking into viewfinders, but I decided to go with the Pentax because of the superior image quality. I haven't regretted it yet. Although the camera's getting iffy because my flash won't work wirelessly with it. That's why I'm planning to buy a new one this year. I've outgrown the lil K100D.

I believe this question is very subjective and would, obviously, depend on the individual. Not everyone thinks like you. Why don't we all signal when we turn? Why don't we all go to college? Why do people always discuss off topic subjects in these threads?

With the information given on the internet, we all perceive to assume we're knowledgeable and experienced enough to use higher spec equipment. It also has to deal with culture. Why don't kids play basketball w/ 20 dollar wal mart shoes as opposed to $150 Jordans? They're not Pros. Why don't we all start off w/ $10 Holgas to learn about positioning and being at the right place at the right time? After all, isn't that what people claim to be about 80% of photography anyways? I'm sure we all are in a noob state at some point. But I believe the answer lies in how we portray ourselves.

Personally, I just bought a used Nikon D80 for $600 off my friend to start on my learning curve. I'll just rent lenses. At this point in time and my usage and needs, I'll be keeping this camera, forever and don't see the need for me to buy a different one (~knocking on wood~)
:D

...come on, people....I fear this poor thread will become infinite simply because the "better than you are" that have "better equipment than you do, simply because I am richer than you are" individuals that keep posting in here just HAVE to have the last word. Obviously part of a silver-spoon-in-mouth upbringing, teaching them from a very early age that they are soooo special and the entire rest of the world is scum and beneath them. Such a shame, and exactly what I have been talking about for the last 100+ posts in this thread.
You really have no concept of reality, do you?

So if you have enough disposable income to buy a $1000 camera, it only stands to reason you were brought up with a silver spoon in your mouth and were spoiled rotten and were told you were special?

That's about the most ignorant thing I've read in this thread thus far.

I certainly didn't grow up with a silver spoon, I earned my own money. I was never told I was special, I was mostly ignored and the few times I did get the attention of a parent, it wasn't for fun and games.

So your baseless broad brush inflammatory comments about those you're clearly jealous of are sophomoric at best and completely off mark. I've never read a single post on this forum where someone with a $1000+ camera told another member they were better than them because of the value of their equipment. What I have read is your silliness, which is nothing more than blatant jealousy culminating in hateful posts.

Last edited:
Hmmm, can't help feeling that all the ground that needed to be covered in this thread has already been gone over. Is it time to pull the plug on it?

Hmmm, can't help feeling that all the ground that needed to be covered in this thread has already been gone over. Is it time to pull the plug on it?
I think that's a great idea. 20 some pages is enough I believe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back