Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...and what should I try? In an effort to try and eat better, I went to the grocery store and bought a wide range of fruits that I would never usually buy. I get sick of apples and bananas pretty quickly, so it gets hard to keep fruit in my diet. I bought nectarines, white flesh peaches (never heard of these...not the greatest..maybe they aren't quite ripe?), apricots, strawberries (with cool whip..can't keep it ALL perfectly healthy!), and kiwi. I've never eaten a few of these in their fresh form...only canned or something...and I just started eating my first kiwi, and oh my these are awesome! And so cheap!

So..what is your favorite fruit, and what fruits should I try?

Kiwi is awesome, isn't it? :thumbup:

Most fruits are delicious, just not available year round, even from a good farmer's market. And they're SO much better in season. I'll gladly wait to get good strawberries this time of year. I can eat fresh blueberries by the pound....mix them up in plain yogurt and granola and listen to the "you hippie!" comments fly.... :blushing: But....it's so good!!!

Seems a little early yet for a good peach/nectarine....I'd hold out till end of June or early July. Then they're hard to beat. Same with plums.....these fruits need to be fully ripened so they're a little soft and so juicy they're messy to eat. yummy.....!

Good thing Alison can't read this thread....Hobbes would be on his way to the store right now! :lol:

JonMikal said:
corry, do you work?

Why do you ask? Of course I do! 3 jobs!!!! Doesn't mean I can't eat a kiwi at my desk right now!

Kiwis are definatly good, but soooo messy! Sorry for getting the forum all sticky with kiwi juice... (MD, Ferny, save your comments!)

It's a toss up between pineapple and pears for me. I really like mango's too.

Terri is right though... only buy fruit that is in season. I bought a cantelope out of season once without looking at the price... it was $6 :shock: and not all that good.

Hmmm...too bad I'm not sure when some things are in season! I almost bought a whole pineapple yesterday...I think it was $4 something..can't remember. I'm thinking I need to dig the blender out and make me up some fruit concoctions...Mmmmmm...

Pineapples are grown year round due to the fact that they need a very warm temperate climate to begin with. I just ate half a pineapple ($1.99).. mmmmm...

You don't have to know exactly when something is in season. If the market has a decent stock of good priced fruit, it's in season!

I LOVE FRUIT!!! Can't choose a fav, but during the summer I eat strawberries, watermelon (makes you have to pee) and cantelope b/c they are in season. I also eat granny smith apples, and any apple for that matter, peaches, necatarines, plums, grapes, pears, bananas, oranges, and pineapple too...although you'll never find a pineapple quite like the ones they have in Asia...or a mango for that matter too.

pineapple is definitly my favorite fruit, but strawberries, mangos, and chocolate fall not very far behind :)

chocolate with caramel & nougat is especially good fruit.

meotter said:
pineapple is definitly my favorite fruit, but strawberries, mangos, and chocolate fall not very far behind :)

chocolate with caramel & nougat is especially good fruit.

Chocolate?? I WISH I could use that as an excuse! (don't you go an tell me it's a fruit...that'll make my brain think it's ok, and I'll stray from my diet BIG TIME!) :lol:

although you'll never find a pineapple quite like the ones they have in Asia
Fresh pineapple from south america or hawaii is just as good. If you don't mind paying the price, you can get it quickly delivered from either location and they pick the fruit the same day they ship it.

I've always wanted to bring a pineapple or cocunut back from Asia, but they just won't let you...stinkin customs :lol: Never thought about ordering though...but it's kind of nice only getting to have it when I travel...makes you really love it when you get it :)

Melons. I'm a melon man myself. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back