What is YOUR favorite lens in your posession?

from what we have gathered it is the f2.8 IS version

Here is my favorite lens and setup
Canon ef 400 f/2.8 IS USM on my Canon 40D on a Wimberly series II Gimbal head.
IMG_0479.jpg

Here is my favorite lens and setup
Canon ef 400 f/2.8 IS USM on my Canon 40D on a Wimberly series II Gimbal head.

... drools all over it and apologizes for mucking it up ....

I don't know if it would be my favorite, but I usually have a Nikkor 50 1.4 (pre AI) on a F2.

In my possession? My favorite lens?

By default that would have to be the:
Konica/Minolta APO (advanced apochromatic), AD (anomalous dispersion), 28~200 G, f2.8~3.5, AF/MF, Dual-Focal Macro.

It's not pro glass but it's a darn good design for hobby level! (I'm fairly impressed anyway ;)) It comes attached to the camera body and both together sell for about $200 right now. You can see it in action in all of my posted photos here at ThePhotoForum by clicking the link below. ;)

Last edited:
I only have 3 lenses and the kit lens doesn't really count.

Probably my 50mm f1.8. It never ceases to amaze me at it's sharpness, clarity and color.

Depending on my mood I love my Sigma 70-300 apo dg macro. Very respectable macro mode and a lot of fun. When I get a true Macro lens (Sigma 150 or Nikon 105) then it will probably take my top spot.

If I didn't want anybody to steal it...I'd just write 'Nikon' on it. :taped sh: :lol: :lmao:

ROFL!!!!!!!!

I sincerely like all my lenses, I don't seem to have a fav this month. It changes, though... and I suppose when my 85mm F/1.4 comes in, it will be my fav for a while.

Right now, after the above mentioned lens, its all going on hold. I've decided to start putting away for a D3, and the Nikkor 12-24 and 24-70 set of lenses (already have the 70-200).

Christmas cannot get here fast enough now... lol.

Last edited:
My lenses are all manual as are my bodies; my most frequently used lens is a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8. It's razor sharp (as are many true macro lenses) with great contrast and performance even wide open.

Nikon F3HP (x2), Nikon FM2N.

In the past few months I have sold most of my equipment and have gone in a different direction. Right now, I own only two lenses. My favorite that I am currently using is the Leica 14-50 zoom on my Lumix L1.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back