What is your favorite Lens?

Canon 135 EF L f2.0 prime

I can see why.

If I could keep only one it would be the Canon 70-200 EF f 2.8 L because it is so versatile. But, I always enjoy shooting with the Canon 85mm EF f 1.8 on the full frame even though I don't take it out as often. I use it a lot for portraits at various gatherings and everyone enjoys the results.

This was shot with the 85mm while goofing around on something for this week's Weekly Challenge ( Weekly Challenge 11/23 - 11/29 Indoor Reflections
). Here is the black and white version:

20191123171334_IMG_4874-01-01.a76ef047d8d24c03823acdf41c4ee7c8.jpg

My favorite is the Canon 70-300 mm IS USM II Lens. It's really sharp, it's up there with the way more expensive Canon 70-300 mm L lens.

My favorite is the Canon 70-300 mm IS USM II Lens.

If that is the most recent EF version of that lens then I also have it and agree, it is a very good value. I recently got it for travel although a month ago got the Tamron super zoom (18-400) for business travel. I know it will not perform as well as the 70-300 EF but it is smaller and a single lens takes the place of two.

Cabazon-1-2.jpg
Another "favorite" lens I have is not a very expensive or fancy lens. I really love my Rokinon 14mm f2.8 that I have been using for Milkyway photography. It's an all manual lens, but for what I use it for, it's a great lens.

Last edited:
My favorite lens is Canon’s 400mm f/5.6 (on 7D MK II) because my current favorite subject is birds in flight. So this lens helps me fast autofocus and sharp images - most nominal 600mm zooms yield images no sharper than those resampled from 500mm. Besides, this lens pumps minimal air, hence accumulates less dust and humidity than zooms. I often buy lenses at US Gift Giant. This store offers many high-quality camera lenses at the best price.

Schrade.JPG
IMG_7813b.JPG
416A8140UHH.JPG
Of the lenses you own, what would you say is your favorite lens for you Canon DSLR? Post a sample or two with that lens. My favorite is probably the Canon 135 EF L f2.0 prime. It's bright enough and has enough reach that I can use it at indoor rodeos (poor lighting) without the need to crank up the ISO extremely high. Plus, it gives a beautiful, creamy bokeh for closer subjects.

New Mexico State Fair Indoor Rodeo. Very poor lighting.
View attachment 174906

Sample of a 135mm shot with subject fairly close to demonstrate bokeh.
View attachment 174907

Yes that 135 is both Fast and Small, almost a paradox among lenses!
My favorite lenses are those that can't be equaled by other lenses.
In my arsenal, my absolute favorite is my Canon 200 f1.8. That lens is FAST and sharp and yes, it's really HEAVY! LoL
It produces razor thin DoF when needed without having to be on top of your subject.
And I shoot it, uncovered, in the pouring rain, all day long!!!
SS
AndView attachment 184222 View attachment 184222
IMG_7813b.JPG
416A8140UHH.JPG

Those are some great shots SS (Your user name and avatar look familiar - are you also on another forum with that same name/avatar?)

Those are some great shots SS (Your user name and avatar look familiar - are you also on another forum with that same name/avatar?)

Basil, LoL, first, thanks so much for the kind word on my work!
Yes, I used to be on UHH with the same name and avatar but I was kicked off. I hung out to long in the Attic and a few guys hated me and would report me for anything and everything!!! So here I am trying to find a new home. Maybe it'll stick!!!
Didn't you have the same avatar there too???
SS

Most reactions

New Topics

Back