What is your favorite type of photo setting?

raffile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get some ideas for photo settings. I dont do this for a living so I probably won't be at too many weddings or events. So just give me some ideas outside the box.... Where do you like to shoot your photos? What is your favorite setting? Obviously there are kodak moments when you have to be ready to shoot, but if you're like me, you may like to actually go places to take photos.Thanks!

I like to walk through wilderness areas. Mostly around here it's forests and fields, and lots of hills and streams, so there are a lot of photo opportunities. On a 2 mile long trail I can get big landscapes, macro shots of mushrooms and flowers, wildlife if I'm lucky, little river scenes... lots of possibilities. Go out around sunrise and sunset for the best light and just shoot everything you see. And if it takes 4 hours to hike all the way to the summit, or all the way to the clearing, it's probably worth it.

well, my first goal when i got my camera was to train myself to shoot in M as much as possible. at that time, i lacked basic knowledge of how the camera worked, and that endeavor didn't go so well. i shot mostly in auto, and focused on composition. after researching for a while, and reading my manual covertocover a few times, i had more of an understanding of how my camera worked. to make a long story short, i began shooting in aperture priority, and shutter priority, because i knew my camera was smart, and would be able to gauge fairly accurate settings for most situations. what i gained from this is a general idea of ISO and aperture settings per situation. with that in mind, i found it easier to shoot in M confidently, knowing about where to set my aperture and ISO. from there, i could (and still am) fine tune my settings based off of the situation. now if you were someone who shot film, you would have a meter for these things, and would be able to set your camera based off that reading.

summary: shoot in aperture/shutter priority for a while, see what the camera thinks you should do, then start shooting in M. and of course if you need a snapshot of something (please no kodak rules :p) just shoot it in auto

as for content, anything that looks/has the potential to look tasty :lol:

I'm just trying to get some ideas for photo settings. I dont do this for a living so I probably won't be at too many weddings or events. So just give me some ideas outside the box.... Where do you like to shoot your photos? What is your favorite setting? Obviously there are kodak moments when you have to be ready to shoot, but if you're like me, you may like to actually go places to take photos.Thanks!

Are you asking about the location scene or camera setting?

Most reactions

Back