What is your favourite music/bands?

Scott WRG Editor said:
Not to scare you or anything but I had a Camaro that some kids tried to steal. They couldn't get it started (mainly because the Carb was sitting on my mechanics work bench) and when they failed they set it on fire.

People are jerks. A bunch of punk kids stole my friend’s car and then set it on fire at a local cemetery. It's just plain stupid. Luckily I haven't really had any experiences like that *knocks on wood*.

Not Neve said:
Carli, sorry to hear that happened to you. I know that pain all too well -- well, in a different way. My car was stolen in May. Thankfully I didn't have anything in it for them to steal. I stopped doing that a few years ago because my car has been broken into so many times.

Is your car still drivable? The covering to my steering column was completely broken off but they also screwed up the ignition. (oh, by the way, did I mention it was recovered 2 days later?)

yeah mine's still drivable. the steering wheel just makes a sort of funny sound when you turn it from the broken plastic rubbing and flopping around. :p here's a couple of pictures of it...

C1538039206262f_photo.jpg

C1538039618860f_photo.jpg

so obviously, it could be worse. it'll still need to be fixed though. i'm wondering if the insurance will cover getting my window fixed cause it turns out they chipped it a bit. i'm not sure they'll think that's worth giving me any money for though.

i'm really sorry about your car situation though! my sister and brother have experienced much worse than me just as you have. my brother's car got broken into in front of our house and they stole EVERYTHING practically. his entire stereo system (CD player, amp and subs), his wallet (with everything in it), his cell phone, his letter jacket from high school, his backpack with all of his books and notes in it for a whole semester (the week before finals), his checkbook and they broke his locks and stuff getting in. they went out immediately and charged enough money on his gas card to have easily filled up 4 or 5 cars, they rented a bunch of games with his blockbuster card and never returned them (of course), went out to dinner at chili's with his credit card and made something like 170 phone calls within 3 hours of stealing his phone. it was strange.

when my sister moved to rhode island after her wedding her car was stolen from in front of her house and recovered like a week later i think. it had been stripped. and they didn't even just take her airbag from the driver's side... they took the whole steering wheel. it was slightly amusing actually. ;-) the insurance covered it all though and she was able to get a new car.

I'll be curious to hear how much replace the steering column cover thingy costs to replace. My repairs were about $2000 but it was not drivable and they stole a wheel and damaged the head liner.

Scott, I know what you mean. The extra lock just deters them from stealing the car. But if they'll just out to do some damage it can be just as bad. Mean people suck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back