What is your Goal as a Photographer?

1) Have fun.
2) Get a job of as a photojournalist, or "MoJo" mobile journalist eventually.
3) Communicate what I see.

My goal is to make a print which is significantly better than one of the prints already hanging on a wall in my house.

Yes!!!!!! This is (arguably) what our work is all about! Throw away film vs digi. Throw away labels such as "artsy" and "snapshot". Just do your best to make great photographs. We must always progress. Each shot needs to be better then the last.

My Goals are
1. Relax / Enjoy nature.
2. Capture memorable moments in a best possible way ! :)

after all....! It is cool to handle a camera !

1.too improve
2.Too make a living
3.work for magazine

1. Just having fun.
2. Doing it as a hobby and only as one.

I really have no interest in ever doing photography professionally. I am probably more then capable of doing it but I've turned hobbies into business before and it ruined it to the point of me quiting, something I dont want to do with photography. Yet I even have the support of a former NAIT photography teacher who says I have what it takes, I still don't want to do it.

So my goal is just to stick to what I have right now.

It was once a money making enterprise. Now it is just recreation and relaxation. No goals.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My photography is for me now.

For me taking picture is something very selfish and emotionnal, my goals are:

1/ To improve my defficient photographic technical skills.
2/ Always find that the previous shots were not so good
2/ Take emotionnal shots
3/ Enjoy the feelings that create taking shot and meeting people

No question of money for me, I could even say that I will be sad to see somebody coming to me and say you have a "10$ picture"... I don't care.

Mat

fmw, ladyphotog: Do you find that since in the past this was work, and now it is a hobby, you can appreciate it more than someone who just has it as a hobby without the background of having had to do it professionally?

I found that to be the case with a couple things in my life. I did them for fun, then I started to make a job of it, and when it went back to being a hobby again, it became so much better; better even than it was originally.

My goals are to:

1) Take photos that, aren't necessarily amazing Magazine prints, but get enough into it to impress my peers and spread beauty.

2) Document memories, parties, events, progression (car before and after modification) and to keep and share these memories.

3) Help people out, if someone asks me to shoot an event, or art for them, I wouldn't charge, it may not be professional, but a couple could want a picture together that is high quality and I'd do it.

4) To realize how beautiful the world is around me. not just to show it to others but to show myself. I've never had to stop and think so hard to find beauty even in "uninteresting" scenarios than I do now with my camera. It really opens my eyes to see that the world is beautiful, colors, shapes, the way light reflects and casts shadows, it's a beautiful thing.

my goal is to make a point about something.
it doesnt even have to be the point i had in mind.

my goals:

1) document my passion

2) share my passion with anybody who will indulge

3) take great enough photos that color doesn't have to speak, but the subject itself screams beautiful (I love b&w landscapes for that reason)

My three goals are. 1 to never crop my photos in post processing. 2 Sign on with Magnum. 3 get a spread in Vanity Fair magazine.

Uhm.. I would like to say that these are my professional goals, but my one and only goal is too make good photographs. I think that should be our only concern.

Just make good photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I shoot maternity photography, my goal is for every woman to realize how beautiful she looks while pregnant. I want women to realize that this time in their life is miraculous, and deserves to be remembered and honored.

Professionally, I would like to become the next Annie Leibovitz of maternity photography.

Most reactions

Back