What is YOUR Workflow? Suggestions Please!

Drew1992

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you typically do in terms of your workflow?
Do you import into LR , convert your RAW images in either LR or Camera RAW, do a few basic edits there with WB, Camera Profile, removing blemishes, etc, do some editing in Photoshop, and then head to a software program such as NIK Software Viveza 2 for more overall editing, then use other software such as SEIM Effects or LR or CS5 Plug-in's, presets, textures, overlays, etc for the finishing touches and then sharpen?
I am a newbie trying to figure out a good, much more efficient workflow for my editing process. I'd appreciate any and all input about YOUR workflow and what you do from importing to prints.

Thanks!

For most I will import with LR, basic edit and export to PS for the finishing touches.

For most I will import with LR, basic edit and export to PS for the finishing touches.

Me, too. Exactly

Most of that other plug-in stuff is, imo, excessive. The furthest I will go is using NIK EFEX Pro for grain effects I can't do by hand.

If you are a newbie, don't go overboard with processing and effects.
Learn to do good conventional images before you start exercising the outskirts of your artistic abilities.

Thanks so much for sharing your own workflow process with me. I appreciate the input :)

Though I have Lightroom I do most of my Raw conversion and parametric editing using the identical rendering engine that CS5 Camera Raw has - ACR 6.

I don't make enough images to justify using Lightroom for import, but I do use Lightroom to manage my image database.

I do my image database management after I finish with all my editing. In other words, I use Bridge to import, cull, and rate images from a shoot, and host Camera Raw to do batch and individual parametric edits.

Thank you KmH, Peano, & usayit for sharing your workflow with me, it's very helpful to me.

Most reactions

Back