What Ive been up to lately

timlair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I havent been around lately, school is just taking up so much of my time, but I'd figure I'd post a few shots I've taken in the last few months.

5608138765_3533ba25b2_b.jpg
(Kansas City Skyline. From the Royals/Chiefs stadium.)

5473582973_82a46b77d5_b.jpg

5616425530_775fe6517f_b.jpg

5616424946_b473ed7467_b.jpg

What I've learned: Dont force shots, if the lighting isnt right, or the subject of the picture is lame, just move on. I think with such little time i have to shoot, i'm trying TOO hard to get shots.

Dont shoot every portrait at 1.8, if any. I miss the focus on too many eyes and have to scrap the picture. Its not easy to focus on the eyes with such a shallow depth of field. Sure, I'm a sucker for bokeh, but its not worth losing 20+ photos from one shoot.

Dont over process. I have this habit of going overboard with increasing my blacks and my saturation. Its so annoying...yet i continue to do it.

Last but not least, expect the cops to be called no matter who or what or where you are shooting. 3 of the last 4 times I've been shooting, the cops have been called on me. Whether it be because people think I'm acting suspicious, or I'm too near train tracks, or my car was parked in an odd location and I'm trespassing. Each and every time the cop just laughs at the accusations and tells me I can stay as long as I want. :thumbup:

"Dont shoot every portrait at 1.8, if any. I miss the focus on too many eyes and have to scrap the picture. Its not easy to focus on the eyes with such a shallow depth of field. Sure, I'm a sucker for bokeh, but its not worth losing 20+ photos from one shoot."

That is some good advice you are dispensing!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back