I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some of my shots from the last few weeks. Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

IMG_0268-4x6-web.jpg

IMG_0299-crop-5x7-web.jpg

Card-01-web.jpg

IMG_0256-01-web.jpg

IMG_0313-8x10-web.jpg

I think I posted this one already...but here it is again :D
CD-Card-02-web.jpg

Odin says #6 is the best. :lol:

I like all of them! Very nice work. I am a little bothered by some of the shadows in #2; can't quite put my finger on it but it loses something for me. Awesome capture in #4! :thumbup:

Nice series, overall. You've been busy, I see! :)

I agree with the Boss ^^^ :D

In #2, it's almost like there are shadows on their faces that shouldn't be there based on the direction of the lighting. Maybe it's the skin tones? Did you adjust the color in that one?

Love the innocence of the little boy in #1 too.

those are so nice. I love the Bumbo seat for taking pics of babies, don't you?

I like 3 and 4 also, but #6 is outstanding. Great work.

#4 is a great catch, Mike!

Thanks for all the comments.

Ya, there are problems with #2...They were in an archway overlooking the front entryway...and I was shooting them from across the house, in the living room. I tried to set up a background light with an optical trigger...but I just couldn't get it to fire...and the kid was getting cranky.

those are so nice. I love the Bumbo seat for taking pics of babies, don't you?
Yup, those things are great.

#1 and #4 are clear winners to me....i am sure the parents loved #6...to be able to have the dog and the kids happy!! kudos to you! the colour in #2 is off.....a bad manip or just the lighting??? and people both wearing black for me, they just blend into one two headed person!!

Nice series. What I really like on #1, #5, #6 is the exposure: the white is really nice white, not gray. You didn't let the exposure meter be fulled.

#1 and #4 are clear winners to me....i am sure the parents loved #6...to be able to have the dog and the kids happy!! kudos to you! the colour in #2 is off.....a bad manip or just the lighting??? and people both wearing black for me, they just blend into one two headed person!!
Thanks Kim. Yes, it was a bit of luck and a lot of work to get both kids and the dog to pose for me...and they loved the photos, although the father's side of the family got the shot with the dog...the mother very much preferred a shot without the dog. #2 was a pain in the but both to shoot and to edit. His face looked very different from hers...which is shouldn't have. They really seemed to take on a shade from the walls...I probably should have edited it better from the start...but I had already spent quite a long time on those shots...and it was only a few days before Christmas at the time.

Nice series. What I really like on #1, #5, #6 is the exposure: the white is really nice white, not gray. You didn't let the exposure meter be fulled
Thanks. All these were shot in manual mode. I used a flash meter at first and then adjusted the exposure based on the histogram.

Most reactions

Back