What Kid of bird is this.

I've got the Audubon birds app, I like it pretty well. its setup and navigation is pretty similar to the cornell site.

Yeah, another vote for female cowbird. The other thing that bothered me with the house finch label was its legs. House finches don't usually look so "long-legged" when they're perched--but the female cowbird looks just like that. Plus, cowbirds are obnoxious. :D

Fun fact: Cowbirds don't build nests--they lay their eggs in the nests of OTHER birds! That's why it's not terribly uncommon to see something like a little yellow-rumped warbler feeding a proportionally-huge juvenile cowbird.

I just googled cowbird and the finch and the Cowbird looks more like what this is.Funny though, looking at the eyes of the pictures posted on line they look more relaxed so to speak and then looking back at my picture that looks like it's very angry in the eyes. I guess Just like people, they have there own personality.

Whats with the duct tape on the pole and hanger?

I was wondering when someone would ask that.The feeder allows Top pole mount but there is a nasty burr on the top part of the metal pole and will not allow me to slide it down.I need a dremel or File to smooth it out that i dont have yet.So I hung it but the problem is heavy wind or a squirrel Jumping on top it starts to swing then falls off.Duct tape is my temporary jerry rig.I know it looks like crap but the birds have not complained yet.If you think may duck tape work is sloppy you should see when I wrap gifts.

Last edited:
I was wondering when someone would ask that.The feeder allows Top pole mount but there is a nasty burr on the top part of the metal pole and will not allow me to slide it down.I need a dremel or File to smooth it out that i dont have yet.So I hung it but the problem is heavy wind or a squirrel Jumping on top it starts to swing then falls off.Duct tape is my temporary jerry rig.I know it looks like crap but the birds have not complained yet.If you think may duck tape work is sloppy you should see when I wrap gifts.
Got it! I don't do well wrapping either lol

Most reactions

Back