What kind of Camera is a good Camera to start with

xtitox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey hows it going guys?? I am just starting out in photography and I am interested in some feed back on what kind of camera would be a good camera to start off with. I just purchases a fujifilm fine pix s3200 because it seemed to take better pictures than my cannon rebel. My rebel is only 8.0MP and my fujifilm is 14Mp.. but my fujifilm is not an SLR camera though. Is this a good camera to start with??? any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Thankx everyone!!

welcome to the jungle!

please tell us:
-your budget
-your choice of system (canon, nikon, sony...)
-what do you usually shoot

Maybe it's better for you to have a simple camera which allows you to get quicker into (some of) the creative aspect - composition, form, color, action, documentary. Maybe instead, you want to get to grips more with the technical aspects. The best camera is the one that feeds your interest.

well I currently have both models that I stated in my last post. My Cannon is not working right at the moment Im not sure what is wrong with it, but all my pics turn out very blurry, even on auto focus. And since my funds were limited, I bought the fujifilm finepix s3200. I shoot everything from landscape to portraits. More landscape than portraits because a lot of the models I communicate with are already established with better photographers. But I want to get into wedding and model shooting. I dont have the money to buy another SLR camer right now, so is the FujiFilm camera a good camera to start out with. heres a link to the fujifilm website that has the spec for my camera.

FinePix S3200 / S3250 | Fujifilm Global

I dont have the money to buy another SLR camer right now, so is the FujiFilm camera a good camera to start out with. heres a link to the fujifilm website that has the spec for my camera.
Right now, for you, it's the best damn camera in the world. It has PASM controls, which is a huge bonus. Use the hell out of it and don't think twice. Find your creavtive feet and when you're in a position to step up to a more advanced camera, then concern yourself. But in the meantime, shoot, shoot, shoot. Don't forget to post some of your better photos for us to look at.

Thats awsome!! and to be honest, thats like music to my ears Kundalini!! (well eyes actually since im reading) lol... I also have another question bout editing software. I currently have adobe photoshop elements 9. Other photographers I talk to say that I should upgrade to Cs5. But as stated earlier, my funds are limited and I really dont have 1000$ to shell out for that program. Is it possible to churn out professional looking photos with elements?? and if not, is there anywhere I can get Cs5 for mac at a discount anywhere?? Also, has anyone heard of lynda.;com?? they say thats a really good website that gives great video tutorials on the different programs. has anyone ever used it before???

I also have another question bout editing software. I currently have adobe photoshop elements 9. Other photographers I talk to say that I should upgrade to Cs5. But as stated earlier, my funds are limited and I really dont have 1000$ to shell out for that program. Is it possible to churn out professional looking photos with elements?? and if not, is there anywhere I can get Cs5 for mac at a discount anywhere?? Also, has anyone heard of lynda.;com?? they say thats a really good website that gives great video tutorials on the different programs. has anyone ever used it before???
Well..... that TBH, Elements will do you just fine for the time being. The reason I say that is because your camera only shoots in JPEG format. Elements will probably do everything that can be done with a JPEG file. If at some point you get a camera that shoots RAW, then it might be time to consider another photo editor, but I still think it will suffice. I have CS5 and am a PP idiot..... okay, slightly lazy as well. I don't do a great deal of post work, certainly more on a global effort than what CS5 is intended for.

Everything I've heard/read..... Lynda.com is worth the investment of the courses, but again, I don't do a great deal of post work. I want to, but I'd rather shoot and take my hits from getting it right in camera (as best as I can) than to sit in front of the monitor and try to polish a turd. I am very self critical of my stuff, so I have developed a thick skin and don't have a problem filling up my recycle bin.

Most reactions

Back