What kind of camera were you using 12 years ago

Pentax K1000 and an Olympus pont and shoot... something. Paid almost $400 for an early digital with a huge design flaw in that to turn the thing on you had to slide open the lens door/cover. When the door broke, the camera became a paperweight.

I was passionately shooting with disposable Fuji film cameras... I had like four or five on me most of the time waiting for money to develop them. You'd think someone would have picked up on me needing a camera somewhere in there, but I was so shy about what i was doing I didn't want people to notice how much I loved taking pictures. BEFORE that when I was a kid I used one of those 110's and saved up money for the disposable flash bulbs.

Nikon FM, Yashicamat 124G. Mostly the Yashica.

The progression went Nikon FM, Nikon FM/Yashicamat, Bronica S (best lens ever. Nikkor 75/,2.8) Mamiya Press, Contax RX (fav. Camera), Contax RX/Cambo 300lb beast, Contax RX/Wista DX, another Mamiya press (I always liked the idea, but what a bear of a thing to actually use), Canonette IIIG (after the Mamiya, I wanted something a lot smaller), a350 (present), a700 (planned near future), NEX7 (long term goal)

Last edited:
I was 6 years old...I was too busy watching The Magic School Bus and learning how to ride my bicycle...I was less than prodigal unfortunately. :(

But if I did ever use a camera it was my mom's fixed focus Canon P&S film camera. I still know where it is but it's out of batteries. We have boxes of photos from it.

12 years ago...i was 12 hehe wasn't into photography then but did play around with a Sony P&S (2MP lol) and occasionally but rarely my dad's Canon EOS film camera (not sure of the model but basic)

I started my brother out on a Sony Mavica at about three. My son isn't quite developmentally ready for a real camera, he doesn't seem to really grasp the idea of taking pictures of things, but he pretends to take pictures with a broken Minox 35GL. He holds it up to the middle of his forehead nad makes a "chu chew" sound.

12 years ago, I was shooting with a Minolta Maxxum 400si. But, long before that, when I was around 8 years old, I had a Kodak 110. I still have some prints I took with that camera, haha! My favorite being a photo of the famous bar "Cheers" in Boston. I lined up the shot from across the street to look just like the establishing shot of the bar in the TV show, LOL! I also have some shots at Fenway Park that I took with that camera. I was maybe 10 years old. Great trip to Boston!

12 years ago I didnt have a camera, I think I was using disposables or my parents old film camera that was fully auto, but I thought it was cool that the lens cover flaps would open when you pushed the shutter part way. :D I was just getting interested in photography at this point and was planning to get a "cool digital camera" which ended up being the fuji finepix 3800, only had iso 100, f2.8, f5.6 and f8, only auto and aperture priority which really meant nothing with only 3 things to choose from. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back