What kind of flower is this?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this in someone's garden today. Wife wants to know what it is, and now I do to since she asked. Since I see a good amount of flower photos here, I figure maybe some of you guys will know. Thanks!

PA020233 by longm1985, on Flickr

Last edited:
Zinnia.

Joe

That's a purple daisy! Asteraceae family...maybe Zinnia genus like Joe said.

I haven't got a clue. Terrible with flower names. Cool picture, though :)

Thanks for all the help and comments, guys! My wife's favorite color is purple due to the fact that she has epilepsy and it's the color of epilepsy awareness. Now that I know the name, I can get her some.

As for the photo itself, this is one of the first shots I've taken with my used Olympus E-450. The only thing I've done is crop it slightly on the right and bottom, otherwise it's as shot. The DOF on this thing is awesome, and the colors are so vibrant and just like what I see. I'm thrilled with this camera. My wife's Sony Alpha a230 (which I've been hijacking up until two days ago) just can't seem to do this with the kit lens, no matter what I do with the aperture or settings.

Its a Osteospermum flower :)

Yep, I was wrong. I brought in the expert (wife is a botanist) and she says you're right and I should know better. Goes by the common name African Daisy.

Joe

Most reactions

Back