les_rokr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited by a moderator:
These are just some standard portrait photos with some post processing done in a software (photoshop or something similar). There is no specific lens that gives this effect.

The pictures themselves, prior to any processing, can be done with any lens, even a kit lens that comes with a camera

Looks to me like some heavy Unsharp Mask, and perhaps some high-pass filter. Sort of like this, but b&w:
karen_hill_effect2_sm.jpg

Those are called "portraits".

You take them by finding subjects that will stand still long enough for you to hold your camera in the portrait position and take a picture.

:D

Seriously, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you talking about the editing style? They're just black and white portraits done with high contrast editing as far as I can tell from the examples you posted.

Seriously, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you talking about the editing style?

Sure. Can anyone provide any insight as to how I would edit photos to look like these?

"Looks to me like some heavy Unsharp Mask, and perhaps some high-pass filter."
There are many methods in Photoshop for getting the effect you are looking for, it's just a matter of experimenting until you get what you want. Google is your friend, there is a wealth of know-how out on the interwebz.

agreed...i was gonna say heavy "smart sharpen" and contrast or levels bump.

Be advised:

You are allowed to provide a link to someone else's images, but not post them.

From TPF's Rules and Regulations:

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Among what they said:
1)what camera are you using?
2)What software do you have?

Each program has its distinct advantages/disadvantages for certain effects/PP work

Among what they said:
1)what camera are you using?
2)What software do you have?

I plan to use a digital canon rebel with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I currently use paint.net for image editing though I do have access to a recent version of adobe photoshop.

There are many versions of the "Rebel" (seriously, what silly name...darn it Canon...at least it isn't called a "Kiss" here). ;)

If you have access to Photoshop, learn it, use it, love it.

I would get that copy of photoshop - Has so many things to offer (even if its an older version)
Without any software like that, you're severely missing out.

Be advised:

You are allowed to provide a link to someone else's images, but not post them.

From TPF's Rules and Regulations:

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.
To the OP (les_rokr):

That was a not-so-subtle hint to put links for the images if they're not yours. Judging by the questions, these DO NOT seem to be your images. Please be kind and rewind.

Most reactions

Back