what lens fit Rebel XS ?

belcan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if Sigma lens 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM For Canon which is designed for APS-C format would fit my Rebel XS?

Thanx Jaszek, another question, are there any tricks that I need to know using this kind of lens on Rebel, or it would be like with any other lens, designed for Rebels?

The Rebel (XXXD and XXXXD) Series and the XXD bodies all take EF and EF-S lenses. I forgot what the letters are for 3rd party lenses, but check my thread, it's a sticky.
And BTW I think the lens you have is f/2.8 constant aperture, so all focal lengths can have f/2.8

No, bad Jazek. That lens is an f/2.8-4.5 . So at 18mm it'll can open to f/2.8. At 50mm it'll only open to f/4.5.

Your Rebel XS in an EOS camera, therefore it is compatible with any Canon EF or EF-S lens. It will also be compatible with '3rd party' lenses (Sigma, Tamron etc) as long as those lenses specify that they are for Canon EF, EOS, Autofocus etc.

There aren't really any tricks to using different brand lenses...they all basically work the same way. Although there are some differences, for example, a Sigma lens might zoom out by twisting the barrel in the opposite direction that you would for a Canon zoom lens.

No, bad Jazek. That lens is an f/2.8-4.5 . So at 18mm it'll can open to f/2.8. At 50mm it'll only open to f/4.5.
AAA Ok. I just never saw a variable aperture lens with 2.8 at @minimum focal length lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back