What lens for shooting the Patriot's Victory Parade?

It was a great parade. The 70-300 was perfect. Wish I had a 70-1300! More Pics later. Heading out to for a nice big steak.

IMG_1510.JPG

You can get good shots with either lens. This would be a great gig for the 18-200 or 18-300.

Did you keep your rig dry? Good shot by the way.

Thanks. Yes I was able to improvise a rain sleeve using a plastic bag and a bubble wrap lens sleeve that I cut the end off of. But, it was barely needed. Even though the snow was pretty heavy at times, I stayed dry by standing in a great spot just underneath the edge of some scaffolding. There was a huge slush puddle a few feet in front of me so no one could really stand in front of me. Bonus - I got a lot of amusement while waiting for the parade to start watching the drunk college kids walk right through the ankle deep puddle in their sneakers.

Thanks. Yes I was able to improvise a rain sleeve using a plastic bag and a bubble wrap lens sleeve that I cut the end off of. But, it was barely needed. Even though the snow was pretty heavy at times, I stayed dry by standing in a great spot just underneath the edge of some scaffolding. There was a huge slush puddle a few feet in front of me so no one could really stand in front of me. Bonus - I got a lot of amusement while waiting for the parade to start watching the drunk college kids walk right through the ankle deep puddle in their sneakers.
Isn't drunk and college kids in the same sentence a bit redundant?

Tuesday morning? Nah. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights? Game on. I didn't even go to college in Boston, but I definitely remember (sort of) some nights with my friends who did.

Tuesday morning? Nah. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights? Game on. I didn't even go to college in Boston, but I definitely remember (sort of) some nights with my friends who did.
Apparently some of them didn't get the memo.

You would have thought it was a weekend with the number of kids (young and college) that were there today. I had my daughter and 9 of her friends with me. One of the kids who was at school texted and told them there were only 6 kids (out of 30) in his first class that day.

Apparently some of them didn't get the memo.

Didn't mean to give the impression that it was a drunkfest. There were many more families and people there than drunk college kids. Of course there was this guy...

blurry because Spicoli here was moving fast and I didn't see him til he was right on top of me:
Parade_8632 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Hey...Mike Napoli started a trend. Your team wins? You get to go shirtless from bar to bar. Of course...his play off beard covered like half of his body.

Most reactions

Back