what lens next?

ipon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
since i have two zoom lens the ones in my sig, what lens should i go for next that is within $300-$400 range? some type of close up lens? all around lens...

50mm f1.4
Or the 50mm f1.8, which is only around USD100.

A must have lens!

danalec99 said:
50mm f1.4
Or the 50mm f1.8, which is only around USD100.

A must have lens!
what type of lens are those, wide angle, macro, etc?

Normal lens on a 35mm film body. On a digital bod, it is 50 multiplied by your camera's crop factor.

You can take super crisp shots with shallow DOF with this lens. A nice choice for portraits on a digital bod. Most of the pics on my site were shot with the 50.

On the Nikon that would be equivalent to a 75mm. I'm a firm proponent of prime lenses (ones with a single focal length) over zooms (a range of focal lengths) for several reasons. A lot depends on how and what you shoot, but since you already have two zooms, I'd really go with the 50mm, or a 35mm if Nikon makes one. 35mm is a "normal" lens for Nikon and Canon digial SLRs.

Thanks!

Just be aware that if you get the 50mm, you will be stuck with one one focal length. Some ppl may not be happy about it. You might want to go to your local store and try the lens on your camera before placing the order.

Most reactions

Back