What lens to chose? -Wide angle-

MrMbss1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got the choice between these 4 wide angle lenses, but I have no idea which one to chose whatsoever. My budget is limited due to the fact that I'm a school student. I was on a school trip to London last semester, and I found an electronics store which had a bit arrangement of camera gear, and they allowed me to try out the lens on the very bottom of the included screenshot. I immediately fell in love with it, and ever since I've wanted a decent all round wideangle lens for outdoor/nature photography. I currently own a 28-105mm Ultrasonic lens, and I don't find it wideangled near enough of what I would like. A scenario of what I would like to shoot with the lens, would be outdoor nature and architecture on our next vacation on Kos, a Greek island.
Using a Canon EOS 50D.

//Marc

Lenses.png

Canon EF-S 10-18mm - $333,73

Tamron SP AF 17-50mm - $421,90

Sigma 10-20mm - $436,48

Canon EF 17-40mm - $931,25

From DKKR to USD.

Out of those choices I'd pick the Canon 10-18mm STM for a wide option, if the reviews are to be believed but it would be a close call with the 17-50mm f2.8 possibly being more useful as a walkabout lens. It may depend on what focal length you think would be more use to you. Another couple of lenses to consider would be a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 (which is what U replaced my 20-105mm with) or a Canon 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 which is a really good wide angle for a crop sensor camera

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's about as cheap as you're gonna find a decent lens! I am for the idea of saving up for quality, buy it once. Whether it be lenses, lawn mowers, or hand tools.

Most reactions

Back