What lens

Thanks so much this is soooo helpful! I am pretty sure it will be very sunny out I'm hoping to get them to plan the shoot for the morning so that the sun won't be so intense and so it isn't so hot that everyone is sweating! Do you think a speed flash would be necessary if I can get my hands on an 18-55 lens? I'm so sick of running back to take pics it feels so impersonal.

Thanks so much this is soooo helpful! I am pretty sure it will be very sunny out I'm hoping to get them to plan the shoot for the morning so that the sun won't be so intense and so it isn't so hot that everyone is sweating! Do you think a speed flash would be necessary if I can get my hands on an 18-55 lens? I'm so sick of running back to take pics it feels so impersonal.

- flash is always a plus to have since it can be used on many different occasions and it will minimize the amount of bad pictures taken in the dark
Read about some examples of fill flash here or you can search fill flash on google and read away :)

- avoiding harsh sun is always a great idea if you dont have the proper filters and knowledge how to use those filters. Shooting at dusk and dawn will probably be your best bet until you get more gear and experience and get a flash (SB600 runs about 200$ used and its a great starting point).

Also, dof is slightly altered because you are using a crop body. So that 55mm is actually 82.5mm.

Your 55 mm is actually 55 mm.
However, it delivers a field-of-view (FOV) equivelent to what an 82.5 mm lens would deliver if an 82.5 mm lens was mounted on a camera that had a full frame (FF) image sensor.
The DOF of the 82.5 mm on the FF would be different than the DOF your 55 mm gives on your crop sensor (APS-C) camera.

Your 55 mm is actually 55 mm.
However, it delivers a field-of-view (FOV) equivelent to what an 82.5 mm lens would deliver if an 82.5 mm lens was mounted on a camera that had a full frame (FF) image sensor.
The DOF of the 82.5 mm on the FF would be different than the DOF your 55 mm gives on your crop sensor (APS-C) camera.

I think you and the above poster will confuse the OP :)
Keep it simple and straight to the point for new users.

I don't want to sound dumb but I don't know what dof means or what a crop body is.

UH OH. It really seems the way you broke it down I should understand what you're saying:( Can you help me out a little more? I'm sorry cause now I really wanna know what you're trying to tell me!

Most reactions

Back