What lenses are you lusting for right now?

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Realistically...not like 600mm f/4 or something nuts.
But right now, what lenses do you really wish you had?

I have a D810 and I just got to play with a Nikon 300mm f/4E PF
holy smokes! Love!
300mm and no bigger than the 24-70 f/2.8 (and no cheaper either)

The other lens I really want is the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ART
I love the 50mm length and the ART version is supposed to be amazing.

Realistically...not like 600mm f/4 or something nuts.
But right now, what lenses do you really wish you had?

Canon 300mm f2.8 MII
Canon 400mm f2.8 MII
Canon 500mm f4 MII
Canon 600mm fI forget what its f is but I think f4

It's not madness its realistic madness - though honestly I'd settle for just two - the 300mm f2.8 and one other then I'd feel like I had most of the lenses I'd want.

None, really.

Really would like to add A Pentax Macro to the bag. Looking at the HD DA 35 mm F 2.8 limited, or possibly the D FA 100mm F 2.8. Like the closer focus with the 35 mm but not happy about the lack of weather sealing. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my mix.

On my wishlist.. hmm...

Well looking at possibly adding either a 50-500mm Sigma OS or alternatively a Sigma 100-300mm F4 to the bag for zoo shooting. I think both would be great in that capacity, just haven't really decided which of the two would be the most useful yet.

For wildlife shots I'd like to get either a Sigma 150-600mm or a Tamron 150-600mm at some point as well, though that will be further down the road.

next lens I'm targeting is a 105mm macro Nikon lens.
I've got all the other bases covered except for a good 1:1 macro.

next lens I'm targeting is a 105mm macro Nikon lens.
I've got all the other bases covered except for a good 1:1 macro.

Macro lenses are a ton of fun. My GF has the 300/2.8 VR2 so I really can't justify the PF lens apart from sheer laziness

I went a bit mad two weeks ago and bought a sigma 150-600mm and tokina 11-16 f2.8, I would say impulsively, but I've been eyeing up a 150-600 since tamron released their version. So in theory I need nothing, but I'd really like a 45mm f1.8 olympus for my m43 system

Canon 24-70 F2.8L

But after what I've spent in the last 6 months on camera gear Mrs. Zombiesniper would provide the zombie killing headshot if I bought anything else.:biggrinangelA:

P.S. No gear is unrealistic given the proper timeline.

Canon 24-70 F2.8L

But after what I've spent in the last 6 months on camera gear Mrs. Zombiesniper would provide the zombie killing headshot if I bought anything else.:biggrinangelA:

Aha.. so, get JR involved in photography...

Then convince Mrs. Zombie the lens is for him....

Great plan. Won't work.. but, A for effort.. lol

There's an amazing 300mm f2.8L for sale and I tried to convince her it would be better than the 400mm f5.6.

She wasn't having any of it. :allteeth:

I went a bit mad two weeks ago and bought a sigma 150-600mm and tokina 11-16 f2.8, I would say impulsively, but I've been eyeing up a 150-600 since tamron released their version. So in theory I need nothing, but I'd really like a 45mm f1.8 olympus for my m43 system
I'm eyeing the 11-16, how are you liking it so far?

So far so good, but I'd need longer to give a more detailed answer. Wide angle isn't massively my thing, but a few times I had wished I had one, and a wide was kind of the only gap in my kit

Reactions: sw_
I've got one and it is FANTASTIC for astro-photos but you need to be really careful in direct sunlight as it flares really easily. Overall, I really like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back