What lenses are you lusting for right now?

Close focus distance of that 50-500 I think is around 20 inches plus the length of the lens.
I looked really closely at that lens once but got the 150-500 but soon replaced it with the tamron 150-600.

I have read that as well. Not sure what they are referring to, but in manual focus I can focus on objects as close as 6 inches, possibly a little less, when at 50mm.

Looking into:
M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro (most likely, as this is a current gap in my coverage)
M.Zuiko 40-150 f/2.8 PRO with 1.4x tele. (Not likely soon, but definitely want)
M.Zuiko 7-14 f/2.8 PRO (possibly soon).
M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 (I want, someday).
M.Zuiko 300mm f/4 (a dream).

Well, unrealistically I'd love to try out the new Sony 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8. But it's not going to happen.

I think my next lens will be the Zeiss 16-70 as an everyday lens. Right now I'm using the 35 1.8 prime, which is great indoors, but a little tricky when doing things like chasing kids around the park. A zoom would be nice.

I also might like the 70-300 zoom. I'm hearing good things, and I've found that on the occasions that I need a long focal length I usually want more than 210.

And if I had unlimited funds, the Zeiss 24 1.8, Sony 90 macro, and 85 1.4 would all come home with me too. :)

Zeiss Distagon T* 2.0/28mm ZF (my favorite focal length, in its most perfect incarnation), commonly called "Hollywood" for its dramatic rendering

Also Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2.0/100mm ZF, but I already own that one and luv it to bits.

Can't say I ever exactly lust after lenses but I intend to buy a x-500 mm zoom in the very near future. Finances mean that it is likely to be second hand so which lens depends on what is available at the time.

Wish my wife would hurry up and buy me the 105mm micro.

Long, expensive telephotos are what I want. 200-400mm f/4, 300mm PF, etc. Nothing I'll have in my bag anytime soon. Recently got the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRII and 200-500mm f/5.6, so I'm somewhat content for now. Will probably move to a D500 before a new lens. Unless I decide to go FF, in which case I'll need a 24-70mm at the least, probably Nikon's.

I really want to try a FishEye lens too sometime. I had some neat ideas for it back when I got more into photography when I got my d7000 and would go on photog expeditions.

I wouldn't mind something bigger than my 150-600 Tamron too, but not in size. I have my 2500/5000mm scope and wouldn't mind a pocketable, super high IQ 10,000mm lens that sells for a couple hundred dollars.

Maybe I'll spring for that 105mm Nikon macro now ...

Here ya go: Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens with Removable Hood HD8M-N B&H

Not very good wide open, but it's cheap to pick up and play around with and actually pretty sharp up around f/8. I have the older version without the removable hood, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Well, it's also APS-C-only, not sure exactly what you're shooting now. Here's an example:

Triple Barrel by Gilbert Kless, on Flickr

Long, expensive telephotos are what I want. 200-400mm f/4, 300mm PF, etc. Nothing I'll have in my bag anytime soon. Recently got the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRII and 200-500mm f/5.6, so I'm somewhat content for now. Will probably move to a D500 before a new lens. Unless I decide to go FF, in which case I'll need a 24-70mm at the least, probably Nikon's.

Here ya go: Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens with Removable Hood HD8M-N B&H

Not very good wide open, but it's cheap to pick up and play around with and actually pretty sharp up around f/8. I have the older version without the removable hood, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Well, it's also APS-C-only, not sure exactly what you're shooting now. Here's an example:
I need a better aperture for astrophotography work/testing too.
Plus my two camera bodies are FF/FX (d750 & d600). So DX specific lenses don't work for me. I know my options .. just the $$$ that I don't want to spend.

Canon 28-70 2.8 L
Canon 70-200. 2.8 L is v2
Canon 100 2.8 L Macro
Canon 85 1.2 L

next lens I'm targeting is a 105mm macro Nikon lens.
I've got all the other bases covered except for a good 1:1 macro.

Well I am unlusting for the 105mm. I wanted it for so long and finally had some extra cash and found a used one that ended up having to be returned so I then ordered a refurb from Nikon and have not been impressed at all with my results. I'm sure it's just me because so many of the great nature shots I see on Flickr that I love are shot with the 105mm...

I went a bit mad two weeks ago and bought a sigma 150-600mm and tokina 11-16 f2.8, I would say impulsively, but I've been eyeing up a 150-600 since tamron released their version. So in theory I need nothing, but I'd really like a 45mm f1.8 olympus for my m43 system
I'm eyeing the 11-16, how are you liking it so far?

So far so good, but I'd need longer to give a more detailed answer. Wide angle isn't massively my thing, but a few times I had wished I had one, and a wide was kind of the only gap in my kit

I enjoy the Tokina 11-16 but I also don't have a lot of uses for it lately - I've been drifting away from wanting to shoot landscapes and into a more macro/abstract/nature mode.

What I'm really lusting after is a Helios 40-2 85mm f/1.5. I just love that totally funky swirly bokeh and the price is not too bad... but I really need to get my act together on the 105mm and decide if I'm keeping it or selling it before I consider buying anything else.

I'm currently looking for a 500mm f1.2 G APO for under $100.00. Am I being too optimistic?

How about the Fujinon 25-300mm T3.5?
About That 25-300mm f/2.8 You Wanted

Here it is next to a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens (only weights 8.4kg/18.5lb):
sideview-771x1024.jpg

fronts-1024x677.jpg

Holy Scheisse!
Nikon is coming out with a new 105mm f/1.4 lens.
*drool*
I need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back