What lenses are you lusting for right now?

For me its the Zeiss 15mm f/2.8 Distagon T*

I could see that lens being a strong competitor to the more traditional 135mm f2 options.

I just tried out the 105mm f1.4 today.
I'm trying to figure what I can sell to afford it.
OMFG that lens is gonna be my baby. It's not a strong competitor.
It's Phelps vs David Hasselhoff.
:drool2:

holy cow .. $2200 retail

Last edited:
I would like to have the AF-S 10-24 f3.5 DX. Get up close to tractors and cars.

Could not agree more and I haven't even tried it out myself! I've been drooling over shots taken with it in a thread on another photo site. Just wow!

Could not agree more and I haven't even tried it out myself! I've been drooling over shots taken with it in a thread on another photo site. Just wow!

I'll sell off my 85 f1.8 and my 24-70/2.8 (to my GF so I can still borrow it). Tempted to sell off my old 105 macro.

I'm a headshot photographer so this isn't idle gear lust. I live and die by my headshots. I usually shoot with my 70-200/2.8 but this new lens is sooooo nice.

Last edited:
I could see that lens being a strong competitor to the more traditional 135mm f2 options.

OMFG that lens is gonna be my baby.
Do I slap you now or when you get it?

Hahahha slap me for what? I need that lens.
Just jealous and like slapping people that get things I covet...lol

My GF has a 300mm f/2.8.

Also something in the 600mm range but undecided about that one yet

Sigma just updated their 500mm F4. If it's any good at around 5-6K that'd be hard to beat.

Lol.. well thinking of something more in the 150-600 range for about a grand. Most of what I do is handheld. Sure, I'd love a 500 F4... but not really in the cards anytime soon. Way more than what I can justify spending on a lens.

Well instead of a 28mm I actually saw a really great offer for a used Distagon 35mm f2. So I have that now. And now I'm wondering if I still should get the Distagon 28mm f2 Hollywood or move on because the 35mm is, well, just wonderful.

Also something in the 600mm range but undecided about that one yet

Sigma just updated their 500mm F4. If it's any good at around 5-6K that'd be hard to beat.

Lol.. well thinking of something more in the 150-600 range for about a grand. Most of what I do is handheld. Sure, I'd love a 500 F4... but not really in the cards anytime soon. Way more than what I can justify spending on a lens.

there's a 150-600 in the FS section right now.

/shameless.

/shameless.

Lol. Well the 70-200mm 2.8 VRII is the next on my purchase list, will most likely be getting one in the next week or so, if I have enough left over in the camera budget I'll give it a look.

/shameless.

Lol. Well the 70-200mm 2.8 VRII is the next on my purchase list, will most likely be getting one in the next week or so, if I have enough left over in the camera budget I'll give it a look.
I have that lens. It's my go to lens on my muscle days...when I'm weaksauce I use my 85mm 1.8
Crazy that the 105mm f/1.4 costs as much as the 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
speaking of crazy...has anyone seen the price for the A99 II SLT
holy scheiße! How does Sony come up with prices? Look at Pentax and multiple the price by 2.5x

I have that lens. It's my go to lens on my muscle days...when I'm weaksauce I use my 85mm 1.8

I use the 70-200 2.8 I have now for the vast majority of what I do, so upgrading it first made the most sense. I looked at the Nikkor VRI, but for the price difference I'm looking to see if I can get a good used VRII instead.

Most reactions

Back