What Lightroom Techniques?

MJBolduc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two photos that are from a local amateur / portrait photographer. The images are always post processed to look one of the two ways you see here. I am wondering what was done in lightroom to finish. One outstanding feature always seems to be an almost unnatural hue to the eyes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/markbolduc/LightroomS?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Link only because I am for some reason having an issue uploading from my mac @work.

No access to photos.

How do you know they were done in Lightroom?

Wife knows her, and she (the photographer) said as much. Only just recently started using Photoshop as she has be FB'ing about it.

Photoshop Lightroom 3's edit rendering engine is Adobe Camera Raw 6 (ACR 6). (Note: Photoshop CS5's Camera Raw is also ACR 6)

So the book Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5
also applies to Lightroom.

Another popular photoshop Lightroom (Camera Raw) book that is more like a collection of tutorials is The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)

Did you know that image editing is a secondary Photoshop Lightroom function? Photoshop Lightroom's primary function is image database management (DAM). Lightroom was not designed to be a standalone image editing solution, hence it is an incomplete editing solution. Adobe designed Photoshop Lightroom to compliment and be tightly integrated with Photoshop CSx.
The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back